what will happen to all micronesians after 2023???????

Comments

• Ohoo, its very interesting to know that there is a new big clan bedside Wito and Achaw in Chuuk State. Very good to know. Thanks.
  • How about asking what the people think about the fishing revenues that the National Government do not want to share with the States? A friend of mine once related a scenario that I would like to share as we continue to deliberate on the post 2023 issue. " God created our islands and destined us to live with the abundance of marine lives". That is why our country has so much ocean and the fishes in it. Our lives depend on the Ocean and there is no other ways. Never farming or any other industries but Fishing Industries. Look at the most of the middle east countries, i.e. Saudi Arabia. It has deserts and underneath the deserts lots and lots of Oil and that is what their lives depend upon, their Oil Industry. The answer to the post 2023 is; Serious Development of our FISHING Industry. Let's allocate Lands, which maybe the most difficult but most needed. We need shore facilities for our fishing industries. According to the experts, without shore facilities, we would not able to generate enough revenues from fisheries. Contact the FSM Department of Resources and Development and speak to the Secretary, he would provide the details of what I am addressing here. Perhaps when the revenues from the fisheries doubled or tripled, then the FSM National Government would change it's laws to share the Fishing revenues directly with the States to support their governmental operations. The 50 million per year is not enough to go around.
  • FSM be just fine after 2023!
  • Preserve, conserve and be a good steward of the natural resources bestowed upon us from above. We will be fine after 2023 but we need to be more responsible and accountable for the management and conservation of our own resources.
  • What can I see that I love? LOL

Folks, you are so insistence in being blind... USA has been so keen on knowing where to pour in the money to help you prepare...
    USA is down on her knees getting dirty with you and for you...BE WISE!

BY THE WAY, life is good. Stop daring me to get out there... make way! Let's see how much you want it...
  • Go FARM, CLEAN UP THE STREAMS, THE PUNA, THE OCEAN... START COLLECTING ALL MENTALS AND BRING THEM ALL TO WENO AND HAVE THE government TAKE CARE OF THEM... START A OIL DISPOSAL UNIT, BRING IN AGENCIES TO CHECK ON LANDS AND OCEAN... CHECK ALL GAS STATIONS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT LEAKING OIL AND GAS INTO THE LAND AND OCEAN... you will be just fine.
  • LOVE IS THE ANSWER...
  • I agree with what asaf has summarized above: preserve, conserve, be a good steward of the natural resources. Individuals and governments can take action to promote these goals.

In addition, the governments--both NG and SG--have obligations to provide services to the people at minimum: health, education, infrastructure, safety.

Governments need cash for these services. Economy must be developed. Resources could be utilized but must be conserved and preserved--so the sustaining resources for the small islands and the quality of life can last forever and ever.

Governments' should develop other creative means of raising revenues so the natural resources are not exploited to extinction. These include: an all out effort to put more money to the FSM Trust Fund, etc.
  • Here we go again...
    We'll all still be here and there doing what we're doing...financial-wise no more but status and other process remain intact... us older generation born before the Compact remain FAS while the new troops born on US soil (40%) will not have otherwise engaging worries...just remember FSM is a sovereign nation under our own flag and will remain forever... we don't answer to uncle Sam unlike Guam and the cnmi...so my dear people of the FSM ROP and ROM stay strong be civil and teach our Children well because they are our future now and way after 2023...
  • Sea Cucumber will all be gone by them,
  • I love the way you kids take a serious question and turn it into a third grade joke! After 2023, Micronesians will still remain Micronesians biologically ~ and politically speaking, nothing will happen after 2023.. try spend few minutes reading the COFA and most importantly understand it. Have a nice week and drink a lot of sakau... Cheers!
  • Before 2023 most Micronesians will be US CITIZENS.. THAT IS FOR SURE!

So lemme ask you what do you want to accomplish with your COFA RELATIONS... Perhaps if you answer that question we will be able to understand your intentions... and we can be more supportive of your movements.. what you say!!
  • This is including those traditional leaders... I have been following these folks silently...
  • Meze khun why don't you do push-ups to ease your anxiety before posting. Seems like every other post your huffing and puffing like two teenagers on prom night. Calm down please.
  • No, no, no anxiety! I am in my most grateful state of mind... found it!!!
  • Uwa mefi pwe iei ew mei auchea sipwe sopwei ach memef won pwe sipwe fatoch ren met epwe fis.
  • After 2023 I will be still chewing my betelnuts.
  • Tokyo youre right...Meze needs to calm down......pssst...
  • We will be still okay but with tighter control. Uncle Sam is not going to let us go and that is for sure. Because that kind of thinking is like a whistle blow to China, Japan, Russia, France etc who would not wait any longer to pick up the padding so to speaks. I know some of us in here have shared great thoughts in support of and not for FSM to sway to other nations which we have already established diplomatic relations with. But, that is the thing, it would be illogical desion for Uncle Sam to just to let his child go after winning it and helped developed it to this far not withstanding the given full rights to roam within its EEZ to deter those who may use these areas as gateway to US military strategic pin holes. The bottom line, make no mistakes that US will always play its role and it has been proven that its way of playing the monopoly always work. It may sounds defeating but in the long run it is always prevail. That's just my two cents thought.

• ss1:
    I wished it could be that easy and good. What I recalled from the last time we ran out of rice and most recently about the power outages, a lot of people got nervous and panic. Let us hope we all be good as you said we would be.
  • True indeed my friend oalong. but still that notion should never be an excuse to feed the thought of not doing anything to get our nation be more agressive in defining feasable alternatives to keep our nation standing after 2023, All man and woman of our crippling nation must have one moto, we can and we will do it no matter what it takes to keep us together and protect our only God given rights to live and rules it.
  • ITS OK...WE MAY NOT NEED IT...YES MAYBE WE WILL NOT BE LUXURIOUS AS U GUYS IN PALAU AND MARSHALL.BUT WE WILL ENDURE CUZ WE HAVE PLENTY FOODS TO OUR NEEDS..AND PLENTY WATER TO LAST FOREVER...IF SEARCH IN THE WORLD WIDE WEB, U GUYZ WILL FIND THAT FSM IS CALLED THE GARDEN STATE OF THE PACIFIC...EVEN THOUGH OUR ECONOMY IS POOR CAMPARED TO YOURS, WE WILL STILL LIVE ON...
    KALAKALAHKI SERI EN WEIN FSM JIOAN KOAPWOAI...
  • udahn mehlel oh aka pwung deuluhl
  • thanks for agreeing ssearcher1, and as for you my fellow palaun bothered about our well being here in fsm, don't worry cuz our time is coming, and our island is still young compared to yours.....
  • ONE THINGS FOR SURE...WE GON BE PHUCKED IF TRUMP WINS ;)
  • yeah cuz he's gonna kick out all the chinese uhhh???lol
  • LOL WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE CHINESE IF I MAY ASK?
  • nothing..its just that they are selling cracker jack merchandises to us dump micronesians. and we actually buy them cuz its cheap..tsk,tsk...
  • lol everywhere in the world has high and low quality merchandise...the prices differentiate the quality..i think everybody knows the quality when they decide to purchase the cheap ones lol
  • exactly my point. pohnpeians bought the stuff cuz its cheap,but after a while people start buying the same stuff all over again. they complain but what more can they gain from complaining cuz they are the only businesses here in pni..smh