Muslim in Kosrae

Comments

• factsmatter,

i know that micronesian people only think about money money money. EVERYDAY IN THEIR HEAD
  • A common constitutional mandate; "No law may deny or impair freedom of expression, peaceable assembly, association and petition."
  • I don't see anywhere in the bible that discriminate other denomination or believe but Jesus went and dined with criminals and unbelievers which caused commotion to the Israelites (Jews) who think the gospel was meant for the Jews only. I'm afraid this mentality of separation from other religions or believes could result in preventing us to share the gospel of Jesus Christ to them like what Jewish nation did. I've think it over and come to agree that if we can not go and share the gospel in the Muslims world, by having them in our neighborhood would be an opportunity to at least share the gospel with those that we've welcomed into our world (Christ like Communities). Just a thought friends. God bless us all. 
  • Omgeeeh !! I just hope its just for the owner himself to pray in. Not to get more followers.
  • True my friend Folueisomw! But, my friend the result we (Christians) hope to see is the work not ours to convince or convict another person to yield to God's calling. Rather, any God believing person is commissioned by His Son Jesus to take the gospel to the four corners of the earth. But, like said, since I may be one of those who yearn to take this commission seriously but opportunity still in a distance, this will be good chance to walk across and knock on the doors of different beliefs. So, whether more of our kind becoming the followers of non-Christian beliefs, really depends on the choice and freedom of choosing by another individual. In fact, regardless of what beliefs we're in, does not anyway dim the light of God's love toward every soul. That's the wonderful thing about the God Christians worship. May the holy spirit continue to motivate us that we don't become obstacle for others that may be still looking for God in the right direction regardless whether they're in a believe not what we believe. How is that friend?
  • i hope nobody is building a muslim church back home!
  • I mean yes its true. Everyone has their own choices and believes. I just hope its a positive choice and impact.
  • Beware kosrae! RMI is flooded because of letting Muslims into their lands. Heed my warning!
  • There are pure in heart Muslims and terror ones as well. So, we should not use that an excuse for having muslim within our reach. They are also God's creature and we should respect them if we are to follow in the foot steps of our Lord. Remember when Jesus met with an outsider woman at the well? Did Jesus condemn her for not being Jewish or believing in what Jewish believe? No, rather He did say things that change the thought and attitude of the woman because of LOVE to anyone any religion. God bless
  • i thought its illegal to shell any land in Micronesian to anybody that is not from there..What up with the Tongen leasing a land in Kosrae.

• i thought its illegal to shell any land in Micronesian to anybody that is not from there..What up with the Tongen leasing a land in Kosrae.

Selling land to foreigners may be illegal but leasing land is not.
  • Without feeling any rancor about Muslims building a church in Kosrae, I am very curious about this development and how it parallels a similar situation in Majuro.  In the RMI, the Muslims not only built a church but routinely fund advertisements in the newspaper, have a community outreach program that has brought in several local families to its church, and appears to have sponsored  an Islamic medical mission to the RMI that offered free treatment to Marshallese. Moreover, the local message seems carefully scripted to emphasize peace and love and not antagonize Christians or Western nations or values......very smooth spin on its message.  Clearly this is not being spontaneously funded by local donations but equally clearly it could not exist without some local support...from people with clout.  It wouldn't surprise me that its mosque in Kosrae is connected with the one in RMI.   The RMI , more so than the FSM, has been looking to third party donors other than the U.S. who many feel, particularly as it relates to its former nuclear obligations, has not lived up to its promises.  And sometimes, the Mormon and other US missionaries one meets for the Baptists, Assembly of God, etc. seem more extensions of US and Western values than promoting a deeply spritual message that transcends national borders.  Organized religions throughout world history have quite often been about politics by any other name and I wonder if there is not a political element at work here.  How long will it be before there is a mosque in Pohnpei?
  • Islam, Christianity, Judaism all originated from Abraham..many different beliefs but all believe in the one and only God. for Christians = God, Jews = Yhaweh, Islam = Allah..all use the Bilble/torah. one major difference Christianity believe in Jesus coming to earth, jew believe the messiah has not come n does not use the new testament. Islam believe jesus as a prophet and the last prophet is Mahamad the founder of the Islam religion. What bothers me is...Islam is the youngest and most fast growing religion in the world...many oppose it..whats more scary is Christianity grew fast in the past when many opposed it...xtianity spread thru the crusade with sword...Islam is spreading today thru terrorism through bombs..scary stuff..
  • edited April 2014
    Islam, Christianity, Judaism all originated from Abraham..many different beliefs but all believe in the one and only God. for Christians = God, Jews = Yhaweh, Islam = Allah..all use the Bilble/torah. one major difference Christianity believe in Jesus coming to earth, jew believe the messiah has not come n does not use the new testament. Islam believe jesus as a prophet and the last prophet is Mahamad the founder of the Islam religion. What bothers me is...Islam is the youngest and most fast growing religion in the world...many oppose it..whats more scary is Christianity grew fast in the past when many opposed it...xtianity spread thru the crusade with sword...Islam is spreading today thru terrorism through bombs..scary stuff..
    I don't believe christianity and islam spread/grew through violence. That would have been the reason why they both would never have had any followers. Ask anyone who've converted to either Christianity or Islam, i doubt the reason would be swords or bombs lol.
  • Not all the Muslims are bad. Islam is a religion of peace, love, tolerance and harmony. It has nothing to do with terrorism, hatred or violence. 

The word "Islam" means peace. Terrorists are not Muslims and they have nothing to do with this beautiful religion. They are just using the name of Islam to manipulate people's minds for their hidden agenda. Just like the Christians did during the crusades.
  • The land they bought in Kosrae is nearby the ocean. About 20-30 ft away from the sea. Hopefully the waves can destroy the land. Because they haven't start working on it. I won't allow muslims to enter my peaceful island.

thank you
  • I saw mormons roaming Kosrae and now Muslim?  Kosrae must keep one or two religions and kick out the rest!
  • Lol perfect timing! Happy Constitution Day everybody!
  • Christianity DID spread through violence and it is still so today. However, the violence was/is NOT done by Christians, rather it was/is done TO Christians. Remember, Christ's disciples took the Gospel to the Gentiles in other countries following their persecution by the Jews. Remember that Paul, when he was still Saul, had a big hand in this. After the stoning of Stephen, the disciples began to disperse to other parts of the world. This was the beginning.

In the dark ages when Christians were hunted and killed for their faith, the same thing happened. They ran to other parts of the world and there shared their faith and many were added to their numbers. It has been said that the blood of Christians is like seed. When the blood is spilled the numbers of new believers multiplied. Just think about it, when Jesus was still alive he had only a few disciples, after His death the number increased. Now the number is in the billions.

Muslims have different sets of belief. Muslims worship on Friday. The Kosrae State Constitution has something concerning work on Sunday. I wonder . . . .  
  • There are already CHRISTIANS that worship on Saturday and go back to work on Sunday.
  • One question which comes to mind is how things will be when the numbers are about the same for both Christians and Muslims, given the history of the animosity by one group concerning the other.
  •  I was actually just thinking the same thing in a different sense. What if there are more SDA's than Protestants? Will they change the laws concerning work to make Saturday instead? Will they ban the consumption of pork? What if the Mormons are in majority? No more coffee? Alcohol? There is also the history of the Catholic church vs the Protestants what if they are in majority or equal?
  • I guess the responsible answer is to study each of the groups to know what they do and do not do. Then we can appropriately comment as to how each may behave if they are in the majority.

It will be good to know which group(s) will impose their will on the people in the minority. God does not force people. He tells them the truth and the right way to do things, but the ultimate choice is left to each individuals to make.
  • (Reuters) - The leader of the Nigerian Islamist rebel group Boko Haram has offered to release more than 200 schoolgirls abducted by his fighters last month in exchange for prisoners, according to a video seen on YouTube.

About 100 girls wearing full veils and praying are shown in an undisclosed location in the 17-minute video in which Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau speaks.

Boko Haram militants, who are fighting for an Islamist state, stormed a secondary school in the northeastern village of Chibok on April 14 and seized 276 girls who were taking exams. Some managed to escape but about 200 remain missing.

A government official said "all options" were being considered to secure the girls' release.

Nigeria has deployed two army divisions to hunt for the girls while several nations including the United States, Britain, Israel and France have offered help or sent experts.

In a 1.25 minute clip of the video on YouTube, scores of girls in black and grey veils sit on the ground and chant, before Shekau, wearing military fatigues and holding an AK-47, addresses the camera. He appears confident and at one point laughs.

"All I am saying is that if you want us to release the girls that we have kidnapped, those who have not accepted Islam will be treated as the Prophet (Mohammed) treated infidels and they will stay with us," he said, according to a translation of his words originally spoken in a Nigerian language.

• Before only the Weilbeckers was catholic and the rest were protestants in kosrae.  Now SDA, Mormons, Muslims and who knows what else they have in Kosrae.  With kosrae less 10k people, soon each kosraean has his own religion...lol
  • The land they bought in Kosrae is nearby the ocean. About 20-30 ft away from the sea. Hopefully the waves can destroy the land. Because they haven't start working on it. I won't allow muslims to enter my peaceful island.

thank you

I don't know what to say to an extremist viewpoint. The "I am right and you are wrong, therefore, you have no right to live" theory has created enough chaos in the world. Extremism has no religion, whether it be in Muslims, Christians, Jews or Hindus.
  • I saw mormons roaming Kosrae and now Muslim?  Kosrae must keep one or two religions and kick out the rest!
    It is against the very basic human right. Freedom of religion is a fundamental right of every human being on the earth. This freedom cannot be taken by anyone, even by force. Islam only teaches peace, love, and humanity. Hatred and violence has nothing to do with Islam.
  • I bet christianity was also hated by micronesians when it was 1st introduced.
  • I bet christianity was also hated by micronesians when it was 1st introduced.
    Indeed it was! Thanks Mikeroe