Yap Education Carry over funds

2»

Comments

• Yeah! Always roll up the window, turn on the aircon and go riding in town. Do you people have anything better to do than just make use of the fancy cars. Ke so romed yah ba' romed.
  • Despite what Kasusu and the likes of Kasusu are putting in here, reps and mkefel are making some serious and strong points in here. Can someone please give me the email addresses of the governor, lt. governor, and the speaker of the legislature? I'd like to use them to send them the strong points reps and mkefel are posting in here. If I could bombard them with these arguments with the support of those of you who are willing to help, they may decide to do something about it. At least that is one step further into the realm of direct approach from this forum. Email addresses please.....
  • edited July 2008
    Salaries for YHS teachers are not the problem...Take a look at the school leadership which has permitted the situation to exist for far too long. Inspired principals - with education credentials and a willingness to leave the office and observe classes - would make a world of difference! Sr. Margo is an awesome force - but she needs qualified principals at her schools in order for improvement to take place. Without accountability, teachers will continue to short change the learning potential of our Yapese students. Principals need to be held accountable rather than casting blame on district administrators.
  • I disagree to vote for the new director (pohnpeian lory) because it more effective to help or support the current director of education so he or she can learn more in his or her job position.
  • I agree with lory so they need to vote for the new direct for them so it can change for the best.......lo.........
  • edited July 2008
    Absolutely, rally.
  • What is Yap doing about requirement for teachers to obtain AA or AS degrees by November 2008, which was mandated by FSM Law and the US Government? Many unqualified teachers are still traveling abroad with per diem and stipend authorized by DOE to attend WORTHLESS (credit-less) workshops.

Jobless teachers will be very upset when DOE replace them with the foreignors with fake degrees.
    mothers and fathers will be very very upset when there is a significant shortage of teachers in schools.

Very very very upset when kiddie has no teacher.........Any comments from DOE?
  • Kasusu,

You are not of any help with the discussion. You're so worried about people's grammatical error. Everyone in this forum knows very well that you were born speaking English. Duh!
  • Kasusu, ho mang lewom???
    lol... Jus curiouse thats all....
  • kasusu, male taifeol. Igawe yegale riig fetale libwele sarile me liwegiye nguusule. Ha! ha! ha!
  • Miked

You got to be out of your mind with your support of Sr. Margo as an awesome force. Maybe during her younger years but not at currently. She is old, outdated and most importantly, having senile dementia so please put a word out that she needs to retire to the convent. SHE NEEDS A REPLACEMENT, the department is of utmost great importance than being kind and respectful to already ready to be decommissioned individuals. I do not mean to be disrespectful to our beloved Sr. Margo, but the common good outweighs the pride and dignity of that individual.

Kinisou Chapur
  • edited August 2008
    Omg, i agree with with passion, all we complain about all the time is the salaries of the teachers. We should first make sure that the teacher is doing their job then raise their salaries. And these take time and effort. We all know that most of the teachers are not qualified to be certian teachers but yet we complain about their salaries. From experience, I once was a student at the Yap high School and one particular teacher there had no idea what he was teacher but flirting to girls. It is a waste of money and a waste of time. Make sure that they have thier plan ready and actually do it.
    Then you can talk about the salary. Jeez...

Liyor
  • Omg, i agree with with passion, all we complain about all the time is the salaries of the teachers. We should first make sure that the teacher is doing their job then raise their salaries. And these take time and effort. We all know that most of the teachers are not qualified to be certian teachers but yet we complain about their salaries. From experience, I once was a student at the Yap high School and one particular teacher there had no idea what he was teaching but flirting to girls. It is a waste of money and a waste of time. Make sure that they have thier plan ready and actually do it.
    Then you can talk about the salary. Jeez...

Liyor
  • Lol@Sauwel's comment...bro, leave these people to do what they do best.
  • I couldn't really understand you Passion. What posessions are you talking about? Are these employees in posession of something they should not? Are you insinuating something here?
  • You write about a lack of textbooks for the Outer Islands... How about Yap High School?  Teahers are routinely told there are no textbooks availalble. The auditors should take a look in the school's former cafeteria building, piled with untidy stacks of good textbooks that the termites are beginning to eat.  Last week when a teacher asked where the key to the cafeteria was, so they could get textbooks,   they were told that the man who sells ramen noodles at lunch  had it. And he's not even a YHS employee. 
  • lol@wondering. 

It sounds like the system is broken at all levels. If I may, wouldn't it be a great idea to have this problem known to the public? After all, we are talking about the future of Yap. If there isn't enough time and money invested in the education of the young men and women who will, I hope, become the future leaders of Yap, then how do you expect to provide competent and knowledgeable future leaders? One of the problems that is apparently ignored by the education program director(s) is the ignorance that is felt and seen at the highest level of authority. The investment in education should be a priority! Not a secondary chore that can be put on hold for tomorrow. Like the westerners say, money is the root of all evil! 
  • Oooh. Seems to be more than one elephant in the room. I say, expose them! Lay em on the table, and force those responsible to step up to the plate.  
  • I am trying too delete my previous comment. How do I do that? I don't mean to be incendiary. YHS is what it is. I don't think it is malfeasanse. Maybe something else... but will not use this forum to speculate.
  • edited March 2013
    Press and hold Alt, then type 0160. It will give you the invisible character which you could still post.