Is there a spirit world for God's people will their spirit go to before the second coming of JC?

If there is, please enlightened us with the bible scriptures that says so. God bless.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Exactly sseacher1, in 1 Peter 3:19 and 4:6 talk a little about that.
  • is the issue rapture or purgatory?

• edited December 2012
    You mean a place where the spirit of the dead people would now be awaiting the second coming? 

And Pekalong, is there a 1st Peter Chapter 13?
  • Sorry Hidden, I didn't see that typing error. Anyways I've corrected it. Its 1 Peter 3:19.
  • edited December 2012

"Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old." Psalm 25:6 (NIV)I sometimes struggle to see how
    God's Word applies to our life. Especially when we been waiting a
    long time for some prayers to be answered. For hearts of loved ones to
    fully turn to Jesus. For manna to rain from heaven.The funny thing about waiting is
    it can be all-consuming. It inhales our attention, chews our focus and
    swallows our thoughts, leaving us in a place of uncertainty and doubt. We
    forget God's power to fulfill our hopes for prayers answered. Its then,
    when we can't see how He's going to bring things to pass, We have to rely
    on His faithfulness in the past.Remembering God's faithfulness in other's lives in Scripture, reminds us of His faithfulness in our own.When the waters rise, you've waited long for rescue and you feel God's forgotten, remember... Genesis 8:1*: But God remembered
    Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in
    the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.When dust and debris threaten to replace passions, dreams and callings and you feel God's forgotten, remember... Genesis 9:15: I will remember my covenant between me and you.When the pitter-patter of little feet is silent and you feel God's forgotten, remember... Genesis 30:22: Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and enabled her to conceive.When fear, worry, doubt and anxiety enslave and you feel God's forgotten, remember... Exodus 2:23a, 24a, 25b: During that long period...The Israelites groaned in their slavery and cried out...God heard their groaning and he remembered... and was concerned about them.

• Are we in the spirit world or are we still on this earth. I'm sorry but I think we're moving in the other direction regardless to this thread.
  • Let us remember how God created the human being: (1) Dust + (2) Breath = (3) Living Soul.  Genesis 2:7

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into hid nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

So when a person dies, the breath of life ceases to exist. Breathing simply stops and the person has no more soul.  In John 11:11-14 Jesus told His disciples that Lazarus went to sleep and that he would go wake him up. He meant Lazarus was dead, but He (Jesus) would go resurrect him. Remember He told Martha that ..."I am the resurrection and the life......."

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 says "For the living know that they will di; but the dead know nothing, and they have no reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. And their love, ther hatred, and their envy have now perished; .."

As we can see scripture NEITHER support the idea of a purgatory, NOR a secret rapture. These two ideas fly in the face of the Second Coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
  • Thank you TT for explaining it well but where are these monkey ideas from? 
  • edited December 2012

so no rapture and no purgatory, so where do the spirits/souls of men go? cease to exists? how so?

truthisthat,

The topic of man's makeup can be illuminated by the scriptures when it comes to the soul of man. It is the word that will divide the soul and the spirit of a man. Many will only mention soul, but a further search will show a distinction between the two, soul and spirit. The soul consists of the intellect, emotion and shares the will with the spirit of a man. The spirit is what is called 'inner man' or that which is born by the Word of God. It is also the unregenerated man. So the spirit of man is what Paul calls 'who knows the mind of man except the spirit of man and who knows the mind of God except the Spirit of God'.

Something we should take a look at and understand how man do respond to God and what in man that constantly oppose God and His Commands.

• Souls also have a hibernation mode. They can pause and resume.
  • Hidden you mean like those bears? 
  • edited December 2012
    there is only one world spirit that i know is the spirit of darkness likewise your human shadow, other then that the holy spirit activate only when you turn away from all your sinful nature and confess to God and, turn away from all your earthly image as possible .

• Are you sure of that Mercy? Maybe these verses will lighten you up a little. 1 Peter 3:19 and 4:6; John 5:25.
  • 19 After being made alive,[a] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— and there is no such John 5:25
  • peka... listen carefullly, if i able to slick behind you without your notice and , i scream, woao!!  when you moved and about to run away however, you can sense one spirit being withdrawal, that spirit we call it shadow spirit.. lol

• I really don't know what you guys are up to. Even the bible talked about the spirits of those who are already dead that the gospel need to be preached to and yet you guys still disagreed with that. Did you guys really read those verses I've shown above and put you full understanding to it or you guys just read with some kind of ignorance.
  • Many passages and verses talk about the state of the dead saying the dead do not know anything and that they cannot think anymore. So it is difficult to understand how someone can preach a message to someone who will no longer be able to hear the message.

1 Peter 3:19  and 1 Peter 4:6 both mean that because the judgment is to come and all persons would be held accountable for the sins which they have committed the gospel was preached to them. It was preached to them while they were alive. In the days before the flood Noah, Methuselah and others preached it. The resurrection of Jesus Christ shows confirms the good news that those who died believing and accepting Him as Lord and Savior will live again though they died.

If one read the passages containing the two verses under discussion, one will come to see that the whole discussion is not about preaching to those who are already dead, but about the consequences of believing, or not believing in Jesus Christ.

Satan wants people to believe that people have a second chance even after death. This is a snare to make people become careless and not surrendering their lives to God when they are still alive.

Once a person dies, it is TOO LATE to be saved.

No amount of crying, praying, money, preaching will make a difference. Where he or she will end up is FINAL.
  • Yes like them bears!
  • applause continuously!

yeah, better be sorry then too late...
  • edited December 2012
    TT you too have not read them verses well. Look at 1 Peter 4:6 and read it with understanding. What does this verse meant by saying: For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in spirit. 

This verse is telling us that the gospel was preached to those that are dead and will be judged according to men in flesh (which mean the spirit of those who were dead will be judged by those that are still alive. Which also mean those who are alive will do the things for them that are already been dead and live according to God in spirit. Another word we who are living today will do the important ordinances for those who are already been dead so that they can live according to God in spirit. Remember that the spirit of those who were dead and haven't accept the gospel of Jesus Christ yet
     will be preached to while they are in the spirit prison. 

I know that there were love ones who died who never been accept the gospel of Jesus Christ yet. Don't you guys think that they too need to be saved as well? I believe that there were spirits of those who have accepted the gospel while they were alive who now continue to preach the gospel to those who weren't accept the gospel yet. So that's why we who are living today need to do our part and help our love ones who were dead without being born again. 
  • stop it ! pekalong, you make me heatache!
  • No problem my friend monday, just go to the hospital and see the doctor.
  • God will judge us according to how we conduct ourselves in accordance with the light (truth) we have/know. That is why children who do not know the difference between what is right and what is wrong will be saved. They neither needed to be baptised nor confess their sins. When they sin, they are not aware that they have sinned.

Romans 3:20 ...." for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

Romans 7:7 ...." I would not have known sin except through the law...."

I believe there will be many in God's Kingdom who never heard the gospel. God gave people a conscience and the freedom of choice. And God will judge people by their works.

Pekalong, I beg to disagree with the teaching that there are some spirits now in prison. The rest of scripture do not support it. It is one of those cases where someone would take just one verse in the Bible and build a doctrine on it.

We need to compare scripture with scripture, line upon line, to be able to tell the real meaning. Let us remember, the Bible is its own interpreter.

God bless.
  • TT, Rom. 3:20 is telling us that if anyone who know the law and disobeyed it committed sin. So, did a innocent child know the law after birth? Did they know what is right from wrong? Just so that you may know that an innocent baby didn't know the law and haven't broke any laws yet after birth that's why we called them innocent. You guys really should read the bible with full understanding,. 
  • Pekalong,

your last comments in your post only confirms my position that people do not sin if they do not know what is sin. And the Law of Liberty is what helps them know what sin is. So one who has not sinned (like children) have no need for those who are living to intercede on their behalf. They reward of eternal life is already assured.

I still maintain that Satan is fooling sinners into thinking that after it is okay to sin and not repent because after they die, people can pray for them or do some other sorts of intercession on their behalf and they will be released from their place of temporary home, transit (like a room at the airport while you wait to board your plane) and move on to their final destination.

You will find NO other scripture to support your assertion/declaration. This is simply because it is NOT there.

When you find it and share it I may be persuaded to believe you.

God bless.
  • edited December 2012
    Your sure know how to translate the bible in you own words and doctrines huh. What you mean by there is no other scripture to support my assertion/declaration. 
  • No one knows! You will when your time comes. 
  • This is not quite understanding at all.
  • I have to comment on this....Truth, i am not trying to start any arquments with you but i would like to ask if you can read and focus more on the new testament because this is where Jesus christ himself teaching us..His work was not finished but he was killed, he asked his disiples to continue on preaching the world his gospel...Now ask yourself, why did he really care for everyone to know his gospel and be baptize? because that is the only way a person can enter the kingdom of heaven. The great commission
    of Jesus Christ is recorded in the gospel of Matthew as follows.

"
    Matt 28:19 Go ye
    therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy
    Ghost:

20 Teaching them to
    observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you
    always---. Amen."

Let us see the same great commission of Jesus Christ as it is recorded in the gospel of
    Mark.

"Mark 16:15
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not
    shall be damned."

In these, Jesus Christ gave two
    commissions and made one declaration to his disciples.and lastly for those who died not knowing about the gospel or who were disobedient to god, he still have mercy on them and give them a chance to hear the gospel..1 Peter 3:19-20 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; (20) Which sometime were disobedient..Are we gonna say this is not true? This is very important for us to that he loves every soul and want the best for us, and those that didn't have the chance to hear or were disobedient, he even taught us in the scripture, we have it today, pls read..we can all have one understanding from the word of christ ..thanks
  • repeatafter:

What you are saying here contradicts other parts of the Bible. We must allow the Bible to interpret itself.