LATEST PATTERNS ON NEW FSM TELECOM CHARGES

edited September 2012 in General

"Can a Dwarf swallow a Giant?"  that is the essence of what FSMTC is putting itself into when they started operating under the new tariffs without properly setting their house in order. See this link about a survey made to 67 top State and National leaders throughout the States of Yap, Chuuk and Kosrae conducted by TC&I et al in 2009: http://www.fsmpio.fm/announcements/Survey_of_State_Leaders_on_Telecommunications_and_FSMTC-FINAL_for_Distribution.pdf 

the rational behind the survey is good, however, FSMTC policies should be realistic within the frameworks of this survey.  with the new rates such as .25 cents per operor 411-call as compare to zero from previous year, it is extremely unfathomable.  Comparing the number of households in Pohnpei for instance, 4.5 avaerge households x 10,000 homes x 25 cents with an average of 4 operator 411-calls per week per home, FSMTC will realize  $120,000 on 411-calls per year in one State alone not to mention the 25% increase on land lines, cell uses, etc.

My point is that their services are instead of getting better after all the new revenue they are collecting, its still remains mediocre at best.  See number 8 in the survey for instance which 84% of leaders think FSMTC responds to repairs are Horrible is evidence that something should be done.  It is no longer a picnic anymore, FSMTC needs to wake up and perform like they should.    I bet you that after all these years since 2009 and after all the new revenue collections, the number will still remain the same or even worst, I bet you......after all, the most basic form of FSMTC mission is to provide good cusomer services, they are not even close to the basics yet.  how can this be taken seriously.  I don't know, it all depends on management and their robust ways of thinking.  PLEASE, STEP UP TO THE PLATE FSMTC!

Comments

• It always appears that when there is monopoly, consumers/customers complain of poor services, high rates and all. In the case of FSMTC, although it may be monopolizing the telecom service in our beloved FSM, it is just the right one and hopefully current rates won't increase as technology improves along with high cost of equipments that are rapidly discovered and turns obsolete shortly after their discovery..lol

Reality is, we, in FSM don't need another carrier. FSMTC's customer base is just right for its size as well. In shoret, for another company to come in and join FSMTC, initially, it will use its might to compete with our own FSMTC. And once FSMTC folds out, it will raise its rates to make the profits.

So it is true that competition is good, but not in all cases.

I THINK!

• Really??...Their doing such a terrible job with the ADSL and sometimes, their are problems with the signals...I think the government should allow other telecommunications companies to come in and show FSMTC how it's done. 
  • Not so bad, hidden. I guess you are 10 decades ahead of technology....lol......you probably live in a "blink of the eye" mode enivironment. So please take it easy on the 21st Century folks.

lol....come back and live with us
  • My Christmas wish for this year is more friggin bandwidth at a reasonable price.  The current speed tiers and pricing scheme is counter intuitive. Youtube does not even work!   I can't watch Rhianna dance and sing without having to wait for the videos to buffer!   In other words - FIX YOUR SHIT!
  • This does need a big improvement.image
  • Rumor, China to connect fiber optic to Yap. 
  • HERE WE GO AGAIN !~

UPGRADE YOUR GADGETS AND BE UPDATED ON THE LATEST AND MOST AFFORDABLE ONES. 
    WE GOT THE ORBIT 5200 much better than iPhones.  As long as $250.  LOL...

We can not compete with TELECOM but let's get the latest gadgets and rock with style and be reliable as well...

ZOOM IN AND ZOON OUT - yes! 
    double video and double sim card.

YOUR CHANCE TO OWN AT YOUR FINGERS TIPS A MOBILE OFFICE, *SMILE
  • We don't need more gadgets that more than half of the features can't work here in Micronesia.

• What does not work?  I heard the neighboring islands do have access to internet.  What features does not work on the phones?  Let me know cuz I am only providing phones that works and do address the issues in Micronesia.  YOU WILL BE SURPRISED TO KNOW THAT OUR PHONES WILL MAKE YOUR new year KATAKAT AND JOYFUL.

We have Micro - Islands in mind as we negotiate the gadgets and the accessories to the phones. 
    Our phones come with sonar charger.  Our phones would enable you to make calls from Micronesia where there is wifii... WE LIKE TO PRIDE OURSELVES with QUALITY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS with true Microensian hearts. 

Email if you are interested.  Your chance to own a reliable gadget that is affordable.  These phones should be used by government officials ~ they are very good professional phones!!  Keep this in mind ~ we do business with Micronesian " TRUE NEEDS " IN MIND...

Mahalo,,

Merry Christmas. 
  • wth is sonar charger?

• oops, is my dictionary wrong? lol, it is charger that is non electric! 

SOLAR CHARGER, EXKUSE ME I AM CHUUKESE from the NAGOON NOT FROM THE NONLAGOONS, LOL
  • HAHAHA ...YOU ARE EXNUSED SINCE YOU ARE FROM THE NAGOON.
  • There's internet (LAN), but there isn't much wifi hot spots where phones could access the internet. Phones could access the FSMTC wifi, but I think that FSMTC charges $0.10 per megabyte, and that's a lot. Loading a facebook page may cost $0.20. 
  • Bring back the the walkie talkie! I kinda' miss the push to talk button on the side.
  • I carry a cellular phone just for emergency, I don't refill it with units at all. The current rates are off the wall! It's total monopoly at its best. When I need to talk with someone in another municipality, I do it the old way. Go visit! Hehe
  • Ina Chok,
    That is quite medieval. Rid that fiber boat too, and battle the raft. That'll grow those muscles