AL JAZEERA DOCUMENTARY ABOUT OIL IN TRUK LAGOON!!!

Al Jazeera video documentary about lots of oil in Truk Lagoon. - http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/101east/2011/05/201151862816562792.html

Comments

• edited July 2011
    The oil can be pumped into a tank for use. There is an Australian company who entertained that particular scenario but not sure whether it is still going ahead with it. The Governor and his Cabinet may know. If not, someone may want to do it given the technology is good today. The question is who owns the oil since it is coming out from the Japanese ships under international law?
  • Is anyone worried about this at all?
  • No wonder the ppl of fefan and dublon r so upstrung? must be the oil in the fish they eat. n they thought the gas was from the Kon when it was really from the natural gas from the shipwrecks. lol.
  • I recalled that during the last part of the Trust Territory era, there were various survey on the ships to identify what treats and dangers and means to correct and prevent the same. I am sure that each respective department of Chuuk state performed certain measures to provide for the safety of the people and the environment with those regards. I know for sure that some World War bumps were removed and some were remain on few of the ships. If I am not mistaken, progress report of those project were made available to the Trust Territory along with recommenced actions for the unmoved bombs and other contaminants. To me these are some of the unfinished works of the Trust Territory government or the US government.
    I will stop here and I would like to request comments from anyone, if you have any idea if under the Compact I funding were provided for the unfinished works and its impact or not.
    P.S. Some damage claims for the construction works during those years of the Trust Territory Government were never been resolve yet, just like the other subjects mention above. Some of those claims were on hold up in court because of ownership issues. Please comments if you have any information to the above.

Thank you
  • I recalled that during the last part of the Trust Territory era, there were various survey on the ships to identify what treats and dangers and means to correct and prevent the same. I am sure that each respective department of Chuuk state performed certain measures to provide for the safety of the people and the environment with those regards. I know for sure that some World War bumps were removed and some were remain on few of the ships. If I am not mistaken, progress report of those project were made available to the Trust Territory along with recommenced actions for the unmoved bombs and other contaminants. To me these are some of the unfinished works of the Trust Territory government or the US government.
    I will stop here and I would like to request comments from anyone, if you have any idea if under the Compact I funding were provided for the unfinished works and its impact or not.
    P.S. Some damage claims for the construction works during those years of the Trust Territory Government were never been resolve yet, just like the other subjects mention above. Some of those claims were on hold up in court because of ownership issues. Please comments if you have any information to the above.

Thank you
  • One big super typhoon to hit the lagoon and its history.
  • Why have 2 topic of the same event posted by the same person? Sorry just wondering.
  • If u r talking about my double post, I am sorry. may be that dealt with my unprofessional use of this equip.
  • This is a good topic to discuss
  • Keep it coming my friends. I hope that while people are screaming at each other about all different issues on here, and atleast, at the same time throw in very important ideas on how to combat this situation.

MisterSzymon, what did you say your name was?...Eda?lol...I know you are a sensible being.
  • ".................ticking timebomb, threatening a fragile Pacific paradise"
    Aha, the Chuukese ppl are very good when it comes to dealing with disasters...
    They can handle it.....(correction*) They can handle anything......
    ..ticking timebomb...np!!!!
  • Great video footage and narration by Al Jazeera btw.....thumbs up!!!