Update: North Korea HasDrops Longtime Demand That US Remove It's Troops From South Korea Ahead

SUMMARY FROM VARIOUS NEWS ARTICLES

This topic is essential and it concerns us micronesians since a war between the US and North Korea will have impact on the region we are in.

North Korea has dropped its long-held demand that the United States withdraw forces from South Korea in exchange for denuclearization, South Korean President Moon Jae-in said Thursday. This announcement comes less then a month from the meeting between Trump and the North Korean leaders.

In a similar vein, Kim signaled in March that he would not oppose joint US-South Korean military exercises, which had been postponed while South Korea hosted the Winter Olympics. This comes after Trump said he will pull out of the meeting if the meeting with Kim should it fall off his expectation nor show sincere policy change to denuclearize.

"If we don't think it's going to be successful, we won't have it," Trump said. "If the meeting when I'm there isn't fruitful, I will respectfully leave the meeting."

The man is said to be a amateur in politics but under him North Korea is coming to the table with it's hand behind it's back.

Comments

• I'm also reading articles that hint at his [Un] possible willingness to sign an actual truce to officially end the Korean War.

I served in Korea once upon a time. Our KATUSA said the younger generation is for re-unification and all they're waiting for is the old, war veterans to retire for the road to re-unification to begin. I honestly think North Korea is in desperate need of reunification. I can't imagine they're looking forward to their next famine. Famine in the modern era... it boggles the mind.