Comments

• If this is valid news then we should be making plans on maintaining our own resources.

I've been reading posts from many active members of this forum and very impressed of the knowledge and expertise in many issues regarding our nation and major developed countries influencing our everyday living. Lets see if anyone can contribute to this thread and generate some kind of objective and goal we can consider feasible and sustainable for our nation and the generations to come.
  • A way to generate an organic food supply system from within the islands for the island people which will benefit the us and stop relying on geneticaly experimented food products which contriputed greatly on why we have so many unexplained illnesses on our islands.
  • Diabetes is explainable, preventable, and directly related to our diet of imported food and our lack of exercise. So yes, I strongly agree we need more locally grown foods.
  • Those are very original CocoBoy and FactsMatter. smh

No more reading the chapters of CocoBoy and FactsMatter in my bible. tsk..tsk..tsk!
  • I did not see any mention of how the bacteria entered into the food. Is this from the tabloids?
  • Dearhunter, I clearly understand that those are organic produced foods. Those are more healthier food than what we normally get from our import partners. You mention something about your bible. Bible people don’t express selfish comments, but beneficial information to help us all. Plus, there are many ways that agriculture can prove to you that can be used to speed up growth of farm products. They can also provide all side effects created by such process. My point of view targets on how to help minimize diseases caused by imported food products that are not healthy for the people. It will be better also if our congress implement laws that can stop importation of such food to our islands.
  • Dearhunter, your point is valid. We have the means to be self sustainable through agriculture but unfortunately we do not have the willpower necessary to commit to such a cause.
  • @CocoBoy, simply i am expressing how much i look up to you and @FactsMatter as mentors here in this forum. Reading several of your posts has proven to be beneficial in many ways which provides members to see a better perspective of issues. Please accept my apologies for offending you with my sarcastic but nevertheless it was and always is with good intentions.

I was mistakenly banned for the last 3 days. LOL! Hence my delay in responding. So sorry for that too!

You guys want to see something interesting?

AQUAPONICS.

There you go CocoBoy. Thats one of the many contributions i have in store and damn if someone else beats me to it but for the better and sustainable measure to be considered.

Anyone wants to be partners in this venture, drop a line.
  • Deerhunter, aquaponics can produce affordable and healthy food on high islands with sufficient annual rainfall and reservoir capacity to provide the large quantities of freshwater needed for aquaponic systems. It is less viable on the low-lying coral atolls. It was tried many years ago on Kwajalein Atoll, for example, and failed due to the scarcity of freshwater.
  • Sadly though, in the FSM, agriculture is not a major concern for our governments. It is one of the least funded State departments within the whole FSM and I don't even think the FSM National Government has an Agriculture department.
  • FactsMatter, I apologised once for my style of sarcasm tinted with admiration to CocoBoy and you of course. So please, don't force my tongue. It has a mind of its own.:-)

But first, hats off to the genius that came up with the idea to try this out on Kwajalein. Especially when the system runs mostly on water!

Oh! my apologies! Are you by any chance netting from a low-lying coral island, on a coconut tree catching the wi-fi breeze, hence the concern for low-lying coral islands of course. Ok-ok, im joking!:-)

Assuming your knowledge of failed projects in the region, you are well versed on the subject? Even though, may I respectfully say your like me where at this age, we sometimes forget that we can still see beyond the horizons. haha...ok sorry again...sheeesh!!

Doesnt it make too much sense?

All the FSM states can run this. In the event you will be needing any on your low lying atoll place of abode, we can always fly some over. Help Support FSM Air!

• @coconuts

My ole man taught me that "Waiting intensifies waiting" lol!

Bless his soul!