FSMTC Cell Numbers

Just recently I have been receiving promotion text message from Pohnpei Cinemas. Who authorizes Pohnpei Cinemas to access cell phone numbers issued by FSMTC. I understand all cell owners subscribed to FSMTC cell service have been blooded with same promotion. Can FSMTC gives out cell phone numbers without consent of cell owners?

Comments

• "YES WE CAN" - New slogan for FSMTC.
  • Guys, there is an upcoming FSMTC sponsored "fishing tournament" with a top prize of $1,000! You don't need a boat to register nor expensive lures to join. All you need is your mobile phone, sufficient balance and the capability to SMS the word FISH to 503. You will get a reply SMS informing of what kind fish caught, weight, your rank (by accumulated total weight of fish) and location of your catch in FSM waters.

Cost of each SMS is $0.40. The more you fish, the better your chances of winning $1,000.

Game runs from August 01, 2017 - August 31, 2017.

Good luck and happy fishing!
  • I've gotten the same texts, coconut wireless. On the one hand, I like Pohnpei Cinema because it ensures I have the opportunity to see movies like Alien: Covenant or Wonder Woman. On the other hand, I have no friends and so only expect text messages from my wife.

If I had to make an educated guess, I imagine FSMTC sells the capacity to market to FSMTC subscribers which would simultaneously allow businesses to market themselves (e.g. we all know Spider-Man: Homecoming is in the cinema now) while earning FSMTC an income stream to presumably help improve its capacity to strengthen cellphone and internet services.
  • Don't be fooled. The Pohnpei Cinema is one of the Perman's business connection. Now does that answer your question?
  • edited September 23
    I am not quite sure about it.
  • Pohnpei Cinema is utilizing a service from FSMTC to boost their marketing of their theater. If you would like to have something sent out to all mobile phone users, you can contact FSMTC and get this same advantage of advertising.

It has nothing to do with whether CEO is a perman or not.........C'mon folks, you all are smarter than that.