Legalize Gay and Lesbian movement in Micronesia?

I am not agreeing with this but what do you guys think?

Comments

• If a man thinks marrying another man is gross or immoral, then he shouldn't marry another man. If he thinks it's against God, we can remind him that only He can judge.

I don't care who my neighbors love or who they marry, but I would always prefer that they love other people rather than hating them, treat them with respect instead of hurting them.
  • no one is hating anyone.... its just what they are doing is wrong..... God loves everyone.... but He just hates sin
  • This issue is very unique, there are opinions supporting it other don't. Both sides of the spectrum are adamant about their opinions. How about the swing individuals, what do we do? I would think we let them unite as much as they want and we still accept them in our communities.
  • I leave this to factsmatter and his liberal friendship of the ring.
  • if we want to apply this Democracy into our Micronesian society & not allow other human beings to love whoever they want to love then it is not Democracy.

Only God can judge! leave it to him!
  • He had already spoken to us, Folu, in Scripture. Evangelize Scripture.
  • Kinen listen to folu, he speak from wisdom even if he know our culture look down on this issue. God is silent on this subject yet his words and thoughts which are on the bible tell us god does not agree with it.
  • I did not know we have gays here in Micronesia. what a freakin shame this is. I thought we were all Island warriors.? WTF happen?
  • HITE, what makes you think, we, island people will be different from the rest of the world people? The islands are as tainted as the world.
  • When you live in a bubble, you only see your own reflection.
  • PS, you keep talking trash, what solutions do u have in mind on how to treat these people whom u think are unacceptable in eyes of God?
  • I envy the local (micronesia) LGBT for coming out and assert their place in our close-knit micronesian societies, whether we like them or not.
  • lol... what do any of you know about this subject. I'm all for the equality of LGBT, have lots of gay friends and welcome them in our overly conservative nation. Don't listen to these old and crusty minds. The modern Micronesians who actually been somewhere in the world are not closed minded. We believe in equality and would support anyone with an alternative lifestyle. Just use the military "Don't ask, don't tell" until you find the right people to talk openly with.

Micronesia is a wonderful place to reside in peace. Read the constitution, nothing against a lifestyle or personal choice. If you wanna wear rainbow, more power to you!
  • LGBT in Micronesia?

Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Ain't nobody is a double negative which means EVERYBODY! lol... wrong choice of word my friend.

• @SakaSaka the moment two men can reproduce then ill keep shut. No society has ever prosper under LGBT ideals nor has any civilization ever been founded or also prosper by this lifestyle. Also nature and science are against it. Need I say more. The moment nature and two men can make a baby together is the time we will accept this abomination. And another thing Micronesian society and culture is against it. Need I say more.
  • PS, stop throwing spin points...give solutions. What you do with them? These are real people..what you do with them?
  • Keep the Status Quo in regards to this issue in Micronesia. Let them practice their (lifestyle) abomination within closed doors and with protection since STDs and AIDs is rampant in the Homosexual community.

What about you my dear Social Justice Warrior @SakaSaka? What would you and your micro liberals do?
  • Same-Sex Marriage Among Tourist Booming In CNMI

Submitted by PIR Editor on Mon, 04/24/2017 By Kimberly A. Bautista

Half of marriage licenses issued are to Chinese same-sex couples

SAIPAN, CNMI (Saipan Tribune, April 24, 2017) – The wedding of two Chinese men last Thursday at the Saipan Mayor’s Office is the latest proof yet that same-sex marriage ceremonies is indeed booming on the island.

Since 2015 when same-sex marriage was legalized in the U.S. and its protectorates, there has been a significant jump in the number of same-sex marriages on Saipan, majority of which involve Chinese tourists.

The upward trend of same-sex marriages started out with the Saipan Mayor’s Office officiating 12 same-sex marriages in 2015. Half of the same-sex marriage certificates issued that year were Chinese tourists.

In 2016, there was a significant jump in same-sex marriages as 30 marriage licenses where issued, 25 of which were issued to same-sex Chinese couples.

Last Thursday, two couples tied the knot at the Saipan Mayor’s Office. Mayor’s office wedding coordinator Barbara Yamada said this was the sixth and seventh same-sex marriage for the month of April, alone (the number of same sex marriages starting from January has yet to be tabulated). All couples were Chinese tourists.

One of the couples that were officially married last Thursday was the Lyu couple. The Lyus were open to answer a few questions from Saipan Tribune.

According to Jial Lyu, he and his new husband are Chinese tourists. They came to Saipan with the sole purpose of being married.

Lyu told Saipan Tribune that he and his husband have been together for five years, but because same sex-marriage is not legalized in China, they had to find another way to tie the knot.

According to Lyu, he and his husband stumbled across a video on the internet of two Chinese women who ventured to Saipan and tied the knot. This is what inspired the Lyus to pack up for a trip to Saipan and solemnize their union. image

The Lyus set out for Saipan for a week just to arrange their marriage at the mayor’s office. Right after the wedding, Lyu and his husband went back to China.

Lyu shared that their marriage would not be considered valid in their country. It is not legal for a man and another man to be married. Fortunately, there is no law that discourages same-sex couples to get married in another country.

Although their marriage would mean nothing in China, the Lyus don’t mind. To them they are legally married and are free to live as husband and husband.

Geographically, Saipan is the closest accessible protectorate for same-sex Chinese couples to get married. Chinese tourists can easily enter the Commonwealth without a visa if they are entering as tourists under parole authority.

The mayor’s office is open to continue conducting same-sex marriages for tourists if they are willing to pay the amount to obtain an issued license, and to be truthful in filling out the marriage application. The cost of obtaining a marriage license on Saipan is $50.

According to Saipan Mayor David Apatang, it is his obligation to conduct marriages as long as requirements are met.

Saipan Tribune
    Copyright © 2017. Saipan Tribune. All Rights Reserved
  • Nice share. The world is changing and glad to see CNMI stepped forward.
  • the world has gone crazy..... people who support this movement are also a gay/lesbian..... just feel sorry for the next generation.... if everyone was to turn gay/lesbian, will there be any people living on earth? i mean think of it.... man and man can't have a child.... woman and woman can't have a child.... is this natural? Nope..... to those who support this movement.... think about this.... were you born out of a gay or lesbian parents or were you born out of parents who happened to be a man and a woman?
  • And there goes a very poor explanation of someone's opinion towards this subject. This is not about what you think is natural or not, this is not just a lifestyle but a mental and emotional idenity in place during birth or developed later in life. Try to read and research this subject before you jump to conclusions and yell "WRONG or Abomination".

Here's a fact you should really think about, what is natural to this world is not what is socially accepted in Micronesia. You are conditioned to think a certain way living in a tight knit group. We all know the basics of human anatomy and biology. We know that two chromosomes joint makes an embryo. Now.. what does that have to do with being gay. Going against their mental programming is going against nature. It's not a switch you can flip off and on. C'mon... I do give too much credit to people starting threads. Maybe you just have no clue what you're talking about after all.
  • Population still goes on... Don't worry about whether or not there's enough people. There is way more than you think which is a problem for other species. Did you know that epidemic diseases only affect people and not animals? It's the ecology taking control over population. Our species population will not stop because of the LBGT community, it thrives. Did you know that most populated cities and developed counties have more depression, suicide and crime over our smaller villages?

This is as off subject as your last comment. Doesn't really linked to why we should legalize same-sex marriages. These are people and you don't have to be gay to know what they are going through. You just have to put your personal views aside and listen. Equality means everyone... if you are against people getting married, than there's something wrong with your mentality and view on people in general.
  • Overall homosexuality does not progress the human race. It stagnate it. You are not born gay you choose to be. By choosing this lifestyle you know you are choosing a abomination lifestyle. Try to sugar coat it and say it isn't is ignorant.
  • i did my reading and research in the Bible... truths come from the Bible.... God and His Words never changes....but people and their law and beliefs changes..... Leviticus 18:22 "Men, you must not have sexual relations with another man as with a woman. That is a terrible sin!"
    and don't worry i am not against people getting married.... if its a man and a man or a woman and a woman getting married then there is a problem with this and to those who agree with this movement.... so it is "WRONG" and an "ABOMINATION"
    Romans 1:24-27
    24.)"People wanted only to do evil. So God left them and let them go their sinful way. And so they became completely immoral and used their bodies in shameful ways with each other."
    25.) "They traded the truth of God for a lie. They bowed down and worshiped the things God made instead of worshiping the God who made those things. He is the one who should be praised forever. Amen."
    26 "Because people did those things, God left them and let them do the shameful things they wanted to do. Women stopped having natural sex with men and started having sex with other women."
    27 "In the same way, men stopped having natural sex with women and began wanting each other all the time. Men did shameful things with other men, and in their bodies they received the punishment for those wrongs."
  • (facepalm) I'll go eat something and maybe pick weeds, worth more of my time than reading nonsense. Enjoy your day.
  • do what you have to do.... and it is not nonsense.... its TRUTH!!!! and people can't face the TRUTH!!!
  • (double facepalm) Here's a fact and the truth? UMK is a creep asking for people's personal information and is from Kosrae. He likes to ask women their marital status and FB info.
  • Sorry, I thought we were throwing random facts and truth at this thread.
  • lol.... someone is in frustration.... sorry for getting in your nerves