CHUUK STATE GOVERNOR ELIMO'S SWEARING IN REMARKS

GOVERNOR ELIMO’S SWEARING IN REMARKS,
WENO FSM, APRIL 17, 2017

THANK YOU, MASTER OF CEREMONIES,

THANK YOU FATHER RUDOLPH FOR THE OPENING INVOCATIONS,

TIROU WOON SOUPUN WON FONUWACH WENO TORI SOUPPUN MEINISIN NON NAMUN CHUUK.

MY BELOVED, FIRST LADY BERCY ELIMO,

LT GOVERNOR AKAPITO AND SECOND LADY, MS AKAPITO,

CHIEF JUSTICE NOKET AND HONORABLE ASSOCIATE JUSTICES OF OUR CHUUK STATE SUPREME COURT;

FSM SPEAKER SIMINA AND OUR HONORABLE CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION MEMBERS;

HONORABLE MEMBERS OF CHUUK STATE LEGISLATURE;

HONORABLE MAYORS AND MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS;

MEMBERS OF OUR STATE CABINET AND ALL STATE EMPLOYEES;

MEMBERS OF THE CLERGY;

DISTINGUISHED GUESTS;

MY FELLOW CHUUKESE.

RAN ANIM, PWAN TIROW WOMI MEINISIN.

TODAY WE ARE MAKING A UNIQUE HISTORY FOR CHUUK.

OUR CHUUK STATE CONSTITUTION PROVIDES FOR A PERSON TO SERVE AS GOVERNOR FOR NOT MORE THAN EIGHT YEARS.

TODAY, WE ARE GOING TO SWEAR IN OUR NEW GOVERNMENT FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS AND GO TWO YEARS BEYOND THAT LIMIT PROVIDED IN THE CONSTITUTION.

MY FAMILY AND I ARE HUMBLED BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND THE KINDNESS OF THE CHUUKESE PEOPLE. ONLY THE GRACE OF GOD CAN MAKE SUCH A THING POSSIBLE BEYOND THE VISION OF THE CONSTITUTION.

BUT AS WE ALL KNOW, TO DESERVE THE GRACE OF GOD HERE ON EARTH, WE MUST RISE UP TO THE CHALLENGE, PERFORM OUR DUTIES AND FULFILL OUR MANDATE THE BEST WAY WE BELIEVE GOD HAS WILLED US TO DO FOR HIS PEOPLE.

THIS IS A SPECIAL CALLING. WE ARE CALLED UPON TO SERVE A SPECIAL TEN-YEAR TERM IN THIS HIGH OFFICE TO SERVE OUR GREAT CHUUKESE PEOPLE. WE ARE CALLED UPON BY THE GRACE OF GOD TO MEET THE CHALLENGES FACING OUR CHUUKESE PEOPLE IN THE NEXT FOUR AND SIX YEARS UNTIL 2023 AND BEYOND.

I KNOW THAT AS CHUUK'S LEADERS, WE ARE FULLY AWARE OF OUR MODEST ABILITIES AND OUR ISLANDS' LIMITED RESOURCES. BUT LET US ALSO RECALL ALL THOSE GREAT LEADERS WITH LIMITED ABILITIES WHO ROSE UP TO THEIR SPECIAL CALLINGS DURING THEIR RESPECTIVE MOMENTS IN HISTORY:

AS CHUUK'S LEADERS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS TOWARD 2023, OUR CALLING IS CLEAR: TO COMBINE THE FAITH, COURAGE, LEADERSHIP AND WISDOM OF ALL OF THOSE GREAT LEADERS TO PREPARE OUR CHUUK STATE AND OUR CHUUKESE PEOPLE FOR 2023 AND BEYOND.

AS WE ALL KNOW, THE YEAR 2023 IN OUR COMPACT OF FREE ASSOCIATION IS THE ENDING OF THE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GIVEN BY THE US GOV’T. THE TRUST FUND CREATED TO HELP FUND OUR GOVERNMENTAL OPERATIONS AFTER 2023 REMAINS UNCERTAIN , THEREFORE POSING A MAJOR CHALLENGE FOR ALL OF OUR FSM GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES, AND ESPECIALLY FOR OUR CHUUK STATE WITH THE MOST NUMBER OF PEOPLE SCATTERED OVER FORTY SOME FAR FLUNG ISLANDS AND NOW ACROSS THE UNITED STATES.

THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. 2023 PROMISES SERIOUS FINANCIAL PAINS FOR OUR STATE AND OUR PEOPLE. THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT. WE CANNOT STALL IT; NOR CAN WE EVADE IT. WE MUST FACE IT, AND DO OUR BEST TO DEAL WITH IT. OUR CHUUKESE PEOPLE LOOK UP TO US TO DEAL WITH IT ON THEIR BEHALF. THE WORLD EXPECTS US TO DEAL WITH IT OURSELVES, FIRST AND FOREMOST.

THIS IS OUR DUTY FOR CHUUK AND THE CHUUKESE PEOPLE. WE HAVE NOBODY ELSE TO COUNT ON BUT OURSELVES. WE MUST WORK TOGETHER. THE ANSWERS CALL FOR COLLECTIVE ACTIONS AND CONTINUED COOPERATION.

OUR CHUUK STATE ANSWERS TO 2023 CHALLEGES REQUIRE OUR CONTINUED LEADERSHIP COOPERATION WITH EMPHASIS ON REALISTIC PROGRAMS AND BOLD ACTIONS.

2023 IS FIRST AND FOREMOST A FINANCIAL CHALLENGE FOR OUR PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENT, SO THE FIRST AREA FOR ACTIONS IS WITH OUR STATE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT.

Cont'd below

Comments

• WE WILL HAVE TO RE-EVALUATE AND IMPROVE OUR REVENUE GENERATING MEASURES FOR OUR STATE, ADDRESS COSTS SAVINGS AND WASTES IN OUR GOVERNMENT, ESTABLISH ACHIEVABLE REALISTIC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS, CONTINUE ALL AVAILABLE MEANS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH AND EDUCATION OF OUR PEOPLE, WORK TO IMPROVE OUR GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS AND SERVICES, AND WORK TO RESTORE THE NAME AND RESPECT FOR OUR CHUUKESE PEOPLE. I INVITE ALL THE HELP AND GUIDANCE FROM EVERY INTERESTED CHUUKESE LEADER AND CITIZEN.

A. IN ORDER TO IMPROVE OUR STATE REVENUE GENERATING MEASURES, WE PLAN TO SUBMIT BILLS TO THE 14TH CHUUK STATE LEGISLATURE FOR PASSAGE THIS YEAR. THESE BILLS WILL INCLUDE:

1. A BILL FOR AN ACT TO LEVY A TAX ON ALL PLASTIC BAGS AND ALUMINUM CANS OR PRODUCTS SOLD IN THE STATE;

2. A BILL TO MODIFY OUR SALES TAX LAW TO INCLUDE A TAX ON ALL SALES OF LOCAL RESOURCES BY-PRODUCTS EXPORTED LIKE POUNDED BREADFRUIT, POUNDED TARO, FISH OR OTHER SEAFOOD;

3. A BILL TO AMEND THE EXISTING TAX ON THE SALES OF COPRA TO DIVIDE THE REVENUES BETWEEN THE STATE AND THE MUNICIPALITIES;

4. AND SIMILAR REVENUE GENERATING MEASURES TO BE CONSIDERED AND PROPOSED.

B. WE MUST ALSO BE AGGRESSIVE AND PRO-ACTIVE IN OUR COST SAVINGS AND WASTES PREVENTION MEASURES, AND WE PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING MEASURES, AND MORE:

1. A 10% ACROSS THE BOARD CUT IN SALARY FOR ALL UN-GRADED POSITIONS IN THE GOVERNMENT;

2. A PROPOSED BILL FOR UNICAMERALIZATION OF OUR CHUUK STATE LEGISLARTURE AS AGREED IN OUR 2007 FINANCIAL REFORM MOU AMONGST THE STATE AND NATIONAL GOVERNMENT LEADERS;

C. TO FORGE FORWARD WITH OUR ECONOMIC EXPANSION EFFORTS, WE WILL CONTINUE WORKING ON THE FOLLOWING TO MAKE SURE SOME OF THE BENEFITS CAN BE REALIZED TO IMPROVE OUR ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS BEFORE 2023:

1. COCONUT PROCESSING AND RE-HABILITATION PROGRAM:
    WE ARE VERY FORTUNATE AND GRATEFUL THAT THE LANDOWNERS ON ICHIMANTON, TONOAS , LEADERS FROM MUNICIPAL, STATE AND THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT HAVE FORGED AN AGREEMENT WITH THE FSM PETRO CORPORATION TO HOST THE COCONUT PROCESSING PLANT IN CHUUK.

WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE FRONT-LINE ACTORS TO SUSTAIN THE VIABILITY OF THIS VERY IMPORTANT ECONOMIC PROJECT, NOT ONLY TO GENERATE FAMILY INCOMES, BUT ALSO GOVERNMENT REVENUES.

2. POWER GENERATION TO THE NEIGHBORS AND OUTER ISLANDS:

LT GOVERNOR AKAPITO AND I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE SOONER WE EXPAND POWER GENERATION TO OUR NEIGHBOR ISLANDS TO SPUR ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES THERE, THE SOONER PEOPLE WILL REGAIN ECONOMIC PRODUCTIVITY INITIATIVES.

EXPANSION OF POWER GENERATION TO OUR NEIGHBORING AND OUTER ISLANDS WILL, NOT ONLY IMPROVE LIVING CONDITIONS FOR OUR PEOPLE, BUT WILL CERTAINLY SPUR GAINFUL ECONOMIC AND COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES THAT WILL CONTRIBUTE TO OUR FAMILIES INCOMES AND GOVERNMENT REVENUES.

AS YOU KNOW, PART OF OUR PROPOSED PETRO PROJECT ON TONOAS IS TO REVIVE THE POWER GENERATION ON TONOAS, AND THEN TO EXPAND IT TO THE NEIGHBORING FEFEN AND UMAN ISLANDS.

FOR THE FAICHUK REGION, WE ARE AT PRESENT WORKING WITH THE FSM NATIONAL GOVERNMENT FOR OUR CYCLE OF WORLD BANK GRANT OF $25 MILLION TO USE OUR SHARE FOR FAICHUK POWER GENERATION. DIALOGUE AND PROCESS OF THIS GRANT WILL COMMENCE IN JUNE OF THIS YEAR.

FOR POWER GENERATION ON OUR OUTER ISLANDS, WE ARE ALSO COMMUNICATING WITH THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES FOR CONTINUATION OF THE ALTERNATIVE POWER SYSTEM FOR USE ON OUR OUTER ISLANDS, GIVEN THE PHYSICAL CHALLENGES IN DISTANCES.

3. EXPEDITED INFRASTRUCTURE IMPLEMENTATION:

IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR COMPACT INFRASTRUCTURE GRANTS OR PROJECTS ALSO DIRECTLY ENHANCE OUR GOVERNMENTAL REVENUES, ESPECIALLY THROUGH OUR PERSONAL INCOME TAX REVENUE SHARES AND OUR OWN SALES TAXES. THE MAJOR IMPEDIMENT, OTHER THAN THOSE THAT ARE NOT DIRECTLY UNDER OUR CONTROL, IS LAND ISSUE.

WE WOULD LIKE TO RE-ITERATE OUR APPRECIATION TO OUR CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION INCLUDING THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT FOR THE ASSISTANCE OVER THESE PAST YEARS WITH ANNUAL FUNDING TO ACQUIRE THE NECESSARY LANDSITES FOR OUR PRIORITY INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS.

SOON WE WILL BE ABLE TO RENOVATE SOME OF OUR EXISTING FACILITIES LIKE THE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOLS IN THREE OF OUR REGIONS, PUBLIC SAFETY AND TRANSPORTATION AND PW FACILITIES BECAUSE THE SITES HAVE BEEN CLEARED THROUGH THE USE OF THE ASSISTANCE OF OUR CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION AND THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT.

4. EXPEDITED GLOBAL CLIMATE FUND ACCESSING AND IMPLEMENTATION:

WE PROPOSE THAT WE FOCUS OUR PRIORITY AND EFFORT FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS IN ACCESSING THE GLOBAL CLIMATE FUND FOR IMPLEMENTATION IN OUR ISLANDS. THE GCF FUND IS THE NEXT BIGGEST FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE ON AN ANNUAL BASIS TO OUR ISLANDS OTHER THAN THE COMPACT ASSISATNCE. WE WILL NEED TO MAKE IT WORK, NOT ONLY FOR OUR ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, BUT ALSO FOR OUR URGENT DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONAL NEEDS FOR OUR STATES AS PART OF OUR OVERALL REMEDIAL PROGRAM IN RESPONSE TO BOTH CLIMATE CHANGE AND 2023.

4. TOURISM:

WE WILL ALSO PROPOSE TO FIND WAYS AND FUNDING TO EXPEDITE BUILDING A RESORT DURING THE NEXT FOUR YEARS TO SPUR OUR ECONOMIC GROWTH BEFORE 2023. WE HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY DIFFERENT INVESTORS INTERESTED IN ENGAGING IN THIS TYPE OF INVESTMENT. WE NEED THE LOCAL SUPPORT OF OUR PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHOSE LANDS ARE SUITABLE FOR SUCH UNDERTAKING.

WE ARE ALSO WORKING WITH THE FSM RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT AND IN COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF ONE WAR MEMORIAL CENTER ON TONOAS.

WE ARE ALSO WORKING WITH A GROUP OF INVESTOR TO HELP US SUSTAIN OR SHIP WRECK TREASURE, WHICH IS THE MAJOR ARTERY OF OUR INFLUX OF TOURISTS IN OUR ISLANDS.

5. INTERISLAND TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM AND INFRASTRUCTURES:

THE WENO ROAD HAS FACED MANY COMPLICATED ISSUES WHICH ARE ATTRIBUTING TO ITS PROLONGED COMPLETION DATE. HOWEVER, WE ARE DOING WHAT IS WITHIN OUR JURISDICTION TO MOVE IT FORWARD, AND SOON IT WILL BE COMPLETED ACCORDING TO OUR LIKING.

DURING THE RECENT CHIEF EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, OUR PRESIDENT HAS EXTENDED TO THE STATES VARIOUS PROJECT GRANTS FROM CHINA FROM HIS RECENT STATE VISIT TO CHINA. THOSE GRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL. OUR $HARE OF $10 MILLION OF THOSE NEW GRANTS WAS DETERMINED AND PROPOSED FOR OUR USE TO EXPAND OUR ROAD ON WENO, BEYOND WHAT THE COMPACT INFRASTRUCTURE GRANT HAS PROVIDED SO FAR.

WE HAVE ALSO ACQUIRED NEW EQUIPMENT FOR CONTINUED IMPROVEMENT OF MOST OF OUR SECONDARY ROADS.

WE WILL WORK TO MAKE SURE THAT OUR TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, INCLUDING OUR OUTER ISLAND AIRPORTS, ARE PART OF OUR OVERALL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT EFFORT DURING THE NEXT FOUR YEARS.

Cont'd below
  • D. FOR OUR GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT AND EFFICIENT SERVICES EFFORT, WE WILL PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING, AND MORE:

1. WE WILL PROPOSE LEGISLATIVE MEASURES TO MODIFY EXISTING LAWS LIKE THE JUDICIARY ACT AND LAND COMMISSION ACT, TO ALLOW MUNICIPAL COURTS DECIDE LAND TITLES IN UNREGISTERED AREAS, TO BE RECOGNIZED BY THE LAND COMMISSION FOR LAND TITLE CERTIFICATES IN A TIMELY MANNER, SO MORE PEOPLE CAN USE THEIR LANDS FOR BORROWING SECURITIES;

2. WE WILL PROPOSE LAWS, ENABLING OUR MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS TO ASSIST OUR STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT EFFORTS IN OUR OUTER ISLANDS, AND ENTITLE THEM TO RETAIN PARTS OF THE FINES LEVIED IN SUCH CASES TO HELP THEIR MUNICIPAL REVENUE SITUATIONS;

3. WE ARE ALSO IN COMMUNICATIONS WITH OUR FSM LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE ON THE POSSIBLE BUILDING OF A TECHNICAL INSTITUTE IN OUR STATE AS PART OF OUR EFFORT FOR OUR EDUCATION AND MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO PURSUE THIS ENDEAVOR FOR OUR STATE.

ALL THESE ARE OUR PLAN OF ACTION FOR THE NEXT FOUR TO SIX YEARS. AS WE HAVE SUGGESTED, WE NEED TO TAKE CONCRETE, EVEN PAINFUL ACTIONS FOR THE NEXT YEARS, TO PREPARE OUR STATE FOR THE HARD TIMES AHEAD.

I ASK THAT WE CONTINUE OUR COOPERATION PUTTING OUR PLANS INTO ACTIONS FOR OUR PEOPLE.
    GOD HAS GIVEN US THIS THIS MANDATE TO LEAD OUR PEOPLE; WE NEED TO SUMMON THE CHUUKESE PEOPLE TO THE REALIZATION THAT THESE CHALLENGES DO NOT PROVIDE ROOM FOR PROCRASTINATION.

I THEREFORE CALL UPON EACH AND EVERY LEADER AND CITIZEN OF CHUUK TO COMMIT OURSELVES TO THE RESOLUTION OF THESE CHALLENGES FOR THE SUSTENANCE AND BETTERMENT OF OUR STATE..

WITH THAT, I WISH TO CLOSE MY REMARKS BY SAYING, ON BEHALF OF THE LT. GOVERNOR AKAPITO AND MYSELF OUR FAMILIES AND THIS NEW ADMINISTRATION, I AM PROUD TO BE A CHUUKESE, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SPENDING THE REST OF MY LIFE TACKLING CHUUK'S PROBLEMS. IT IS HUMBLING BEING CHUUKESE.

ACH ENETIN KINISOU CHAPUR NGENI KEMI ARAMASEN CHUUK MEINISIN, SENI KICH MI NOM CHUUK IKENAI, TORI ATONGEACH KEWE MI NONNOM NUKUN CHUUK. KINISOU CHAPUR REN AMI TONG ME NUKUNUK NGENI KICH.
    AKKAWEIN, ACH KINISOU NGENI GOD REN AN KOKKOT NGENI MANAWACH, AMO ITA EPWE NGENI KICH ACH TUFICH ME TONGENI AN EPWE TONGENI PWONUWETA MET A AANI OKUNO-NGENI KICH FAN ITEN ACH EI STATE.

KINISOU CHAPUR, GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS OUR CHUUK STATE
  • I am worried if my misunderstanding of this thought by the governor in his inaugural address is correct "2. A BILL TO MODIFY OUR SALES TAX LAW TO INCLUDE A TAX ON ALL SALES OF LOCAL RESOURCES BY-PRODUCTS EXPORTED LIKE POUNDED BREADFRUIT, POUNDED TARO, FISH OR OTHER SEAFOOD;"

AG, kose kan mochen ekis amenemena ach ekiek won ei fos asan. Please...

Met ei ai noninen ika nge men pwung ai ei tiparoch, iwe epwe ekis discouraging ngeni kem ekkei oukan atawa an P. Suzuki me I. Paul iik me tikka. Pwat epwene pwan takisi nge sapw fen tien chipin am profit? Pwat ese fen apasa an kinisou ngeni kem chon attaw me export? Omusano, kapas eis chok ei.
  • Point of clarification, is this gov'nor going for a SIX yrs. term this time?
    I was thinking the same pwipwi sinbad. It Would be a discouragement and loss revenue for both, individuals and gov't.
  • Ranalim pwipwi sinbad. Pwata iei amwararen ekkei mettoch sia kuna ikenai? Kinisou ren ach sia kuna met kei epwe ne wor angangan non kei fansoun.
    Iwe met sipwe fori, pwe wisach aramas, an epwe ponuweta kei mettoch? Io ei epwe sopwei kei porasus non kan ran ika nouch ei AG a busy? lol
    Kinisou chapur ngonuk nouch AG ren om aronga kji ren kei poraus.
    Pwan kinisou ngonuk Achengichen Governor ren ekkei mettoch sia pwapwa ach ei sia kuna pwan sinei, pwe epwe ikkei met kopwe achocho ngeni ren ami oupwe angang fengen me nouwisin Chuuk won, non ei fansoun. Kinisou chapur.
  • edited April 19
    Ewer mwa i, ammen amwarar met kei nouch achengicheng Kepina Elimo men kan ani kokkot ren an epwe anisi ngeni ach osupwang. Nge epwe pwan kan nennengeni ochu pwun ete fen backfire won ekkei men kan osupwang. Ina chok i wewen ai nan comment asan.

Ekkewe ekkoch me nukun, ngang fakkun tipeew ngeni. Akkaewin ewe epwe ekisatiw niwinin ekkewe men watte niwinir (ika nge epwe ina met wewen ewe ungraded status). Uwa fakkun pwan tipeew ngeni an epwe implemented masowen ewe reform ita ururun epwe poputa chok me non kewe year, ewe epwe chok ew Utten Enepwungun Chuuk (One House).

Nge amo ita a pwan awora an tungor ngeni ach legislature repwe anisi kich chon amomo taka ren efoch wachepwin sein angei ach taka seni fonuwach kei non ei lagoon pwan efoch epwe ioni an chon fanapi, in consideration of the price of copra versus the price of gas. It would not be profitable for the taka gatherers and would not make sense at all to collect 100 copra and transport from Faichuk to Tonoas with the anticipated gross revenue of $10.00 minus gas which would be a cash and energy great loss.
  • Gvernor, amo ka anisi kich
  • Sisap atapwan won ekei proposals until we fully understand their implications in our lives.
    1) plastic bags/aluminum cans.
    How much money, realistically, did we
    lose on using plastic bags/aluminum cans?
    How much money will we gain after the tax levy?
    Stores won't mind because they will eventually pass on to the paying citizens
    Isn't there a better idea? Recycle. Recycle could be decentralized to other lagoon islands. Some local people have found good use of the items.
  • Am I understanding correctly that the Chuukese Governor's opening remarks are that his new term, if served to completion, is unconstitutional in Chuuk State due to him serving in the position for more than eight years?
  • Sia nom non anoon kewe soufos mwan Seufa re-Machew me mwan Sapeno re-Nomwiso. "Eukatiw chek me murin efoch euchamw" iwe rese chuwen kuchuta won ew me ruuw uut pwu ra koon nenge-top-otop me nengrapwarapw. Enen pe-seni we na.
  • sinbad
    Ngang usap make comments won kei mettoch a tetenitiw non an Governor me Sabino ei post.
    U chok mochen apasa pwe ngang mei tipeew ngnei sinbad won kunaean kei, nge sipwe aninis fengen ne carefully observe it pwe engaw epwe watte negetive impact won aramas me ach ei economy.

kinen
    Ngang upwan fituk ren ei ekiekin recycle kei plastics. Uwa fen sinei pwe a wor ew metal recycle operation non Weno, pwata rese renegotiate ngeni na company ar repwe re-modify na operation contract an epwe included plastics and other foreign items.
  • Kinisou kinen.
  • Pwan kinisoi esenapanap
  • What have you done for climate change? Or are you against it just like Trump. Guess so since you're bringing in Petrocorp, a trojan horse that will eventually destroy our lovely islands of Chuuk.
  • Was there any written translation in Chuukese? Who are our leaders speaking to when they make public announcements or speeches? I would have liked to see our Honorable Governor made his address available in our langauage as well so all Chuukese from young to old, non English snd English speaking, and friends or foes will hear or read first hand...no confusion on where his vision is. Tirow.
  • Our leaders need to speak our language when they are addressing such so some of us can truly understand what their message is all about.

Tirow ren memeffs.
  • I'll be damn if ever an inaugural speech will be in the local vernacular language.
    Worse one was 2005, master ceremonying and inaugural speeching were English exclusively.
  • Perhaps the language no matter at all. We are tired of sweet words and broken promises. We wanna see action, action and more action.
  • Mwa seni chek ai ua kan nisseir(blind) ina popun chek use kuna an neuch ei atefon governor eperuper won Speaker me Senate President non ach Legislature? Ngang emon souleng mei pwan ii achocho non wisei nge usun ita nge eu mwichen Diocese/Souleng ei iei a fen ii akkoumwen esinna onowe Padre Rudolph, nge a fen ekuku-mwiri neuwisin mwuun. Ita kan iei chek atei a pwan soummas? Nge eu chek kose tongeni michi chon Fa-chchamw pwe kopwene oruka seni Ceasar wisan nge overcharge-uni om na faith pwu pusin ach Samol ewe e ura kopwe ngeni Sisar wisan nge ngeni asan pwan wisan. Epwe iei ika mei fen wor ew chasm nefinemi me om kei co-equals? Improper protocol.
  • We have some much hope for better changes. I hope to find new faces as heads of the departments. Unless someone should tell me his/her reasons why he/she should not be change. Many of them reach the retirement age or early retirement programs. They should all be offered for retirement except the one that we could not afford to lose him or her.
    The size of the government is small enough to have much functions duplication of staffs. I believe that many of the government services can go out on a contract to private sector basses. A job or positions audit for the government department should be established.
    I like the idea of salary reduction for all ungraded positions. Some positions now days are use the ungraded classification which is not supposed to as the position is classified positions. Administrative position is an example. This should not be unclassified.
    The idea of a unicameral legislature is best for Chuuk State. The five region concept should be use in the state too. One representative from each region is ok. The rest should represent the populations of the election districts. This should call for a new census. Regional reapportionment is needed. What about the population of those who reside outside of Chuuk. Would they have separate representation or not?
  • LukeNate, kose menemenoch ren "Honorable members of our Chuuk St. Legislature"? I would think that that's inclusive of president/speaker. Read the post please before you comment pun ke fen àmàngaw.
  • Kan fakkun kinisou kinen ren om wanong mirit non ai tiparoch ai upwe weweiti pwe Speaker me Senate President mei chek pachenong non "Honorable Members of our Chuuk St. Legislature". Ita kan ai wewe-ngaweiti ei fos "protocol" non kewe sakkun setting ita Speaker me President, pachenong Chief Justice repwe pusin moot won ar poo-mei non auchean wiser kewe. Iwe kinisou kinen, ngang ii mei kan pwan atappira anneani ewe posting an Taxi Wom seni nepwopwun tori nukanapan me nesopwonon. The Speaker and the Senate President DO DESERVE better than that. Pii mwo ika ate-kana rese push won an atefon kepina agenda?
  • Kinisou ren fakkun chommongun ach kei wewe me mirit. Amo ita epwene iei nge sia ochuufengenni ach kei sinenap me mirit iwe sia aea ngeni fetanin mwokutun ach mwuun epwe pwonuweta me emwirinnenooi nonnomuch me neniach.
  • Men mengei ei o 7040? Aiti Chuuk pwu Chuuk me choon Chuuk repwe manaw ren ika epwe eu minafon discovery ei. Ika a fen piin fich om ei?
  • The development plans were formulated in the past. Nge ekena nouis re chok tinikop ne implement pun re chipwang. Atona pun met ei si sinei ikenai ina epue muchuno ei 4 yer nge rese tepwei.
  • Kinisou LukeNate.
  • hehehehe....Kapwan tirow womi kanan tipachem. U fen pwan chechengaw ika a kan mwan ai porous. Uwa pwan ii ukutiw me ikei pwun a kan pwápwáno ai tiparoch me mese chuun.

Ita tipei upwe sopwei ewe kapasen (ekisiwe) e ura "ETTIKI ESE TIIK, ETTIKI CHOK."

lol
  • Mwa pwan ifan Iwe ewe ew fos, kinen? Better late than never?

• 7040, erà, "mwirinò siòngau mwen epinòch", lol. Late, mang. Never, use sinei awewen non kapasen Chuuk. I need help.
    Thank you.
  • mahw sang sohte, e eech ummwen ese wor, e eech mang mwen ese kus (war).