IF YOU HAD EVIDENCE THAT SOMEONE HAD COMMITTED A SERIOUS FELONY CRIME,....

... what would you do? Would you look the other way, or would you decide that the evidence you had should be turned over to law enforcement for investigation?

Comments

• You might be just as guilty if you turn the other way. Now days, you can turn in crimes anonymously.
  • Thanks, Sandman, but I would never provide the authorities with evidence of a crime anonymously. And given that you are the only respondent to this question, I am forced to conclude that most people don't really care if I turn the evidence over to authorities or not. So given that both the US and Micronesia claim to be democracies founded on the rule of law (countries of laws, not men), I guess I should just turn over what I have and let the authorities decide what to do with it. Thanks again for your response.
  • The expected answer is to turn evidence over to LE.
  • There may be many reasons that a person may chose not to turn in a wrong doer. One reason may be repercussions that the person may face if they turn in the perpetrator, if for example, the accused is in a high position or is influential.
  • Sandman,
    That is true...we see it happening today.