Responsive, Efficient and Effective Government

How do we achieve a Responsive, Efficient and Effective Government with limited revenues

Comments

• edited April 8
    think and operate like a business!

privatize

streamline

STOP NON ESSENTIAL TRAVEL
  • Travel is a must. How do you expect friendship without travel? Operate like a business? It is business -been, has been.
  • I agree Travel is a must to expand our wings, learn new things and maintain international relationships but I wonder what some do with the knowledge they gain
  • biz e did not say STOP ALL TRAVEL for government officials. He said STOP NON ESSENTIAL TRAVEL.

biz e answered paki's question, "How do we achieve a Responsive, Efficient and Effective Government with limited revenues?" I agree with biz e. Non-essential free travel by goverrnment officials is widespread and wasteful.
  • I think non-essential travels are just issues on the surface. Dig deeper in the inner happenings and influence of those higher up. Audits are done but whats being done about the findings?.. nothing!
  • I agree with Biz e.........stop non essential travel. We need outcomes and results. When we travel, we come back and roll out training to our folks so that we share the love of what we learned?
  • Why are we so keen on travel? How much does the nation spend on national funded trips? Are we positive nothing beneficial came out from those trips? How would we categorize wasteful and not wasteful trips?
    Let's all gang up on "pork-barrel" projects and see how we can streamline it to palatable taste. That's where the huge waste is at.
  • Easiest way is to get rid of the current regime,
  • Let them all travel....but only with one-way tickets.
  • That is the hardest ccrider. We tried many times but failed miserably each time.
  • Many countries have already re-designed their governments, factoring in the application and the factors of using technologies primarily to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness, as well as cost-reducing and cost-sharing. They also assessed the basic necessities of reducing manpower, but sustaining production rates. In the latter part of the 90s, ADP contracted HD to evaluate/appraise the status of our economy and make recommendations. They submitted their reports, but the governments (both states and the national) ignored them.

In one of them report, it suggested that the states submit their 3-5 year operation plan, outlining their objectives and goals... the excuse as I recall, "not enough" money. One expert reacted by saying, "You haven't implement anything yet, so how do you know that it's not enough money?" Thus back to you question of "how".... the bottomline would be that state's must get into the habit of developing annual operation plan and submit them to both the legislature and the national government.

If we could only follow and fullyreplicate how Uncle Sam operates and how it manages it annual budget, we may be able to steer our governments toward excellent progresses.