MSNBC Reveals Trump's 2005 Tax Returns! WH: 'Desperate' -- And 'Illegally Published.'

After teasing the big reveal for an hour leading up to her show, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow disclosed the 2005 tax returns of Donald Trump Tuesday night. Unfortunately for Maddow and company, after MSNBC's breathless announcements, complete with a "Trump's Tax Returns" countdown clock, the White House stole her thunder by going ahead and giving America the numbers - and slamming the network for trying to make a big show of something over a decade old and "illegally published." And, is turns out, the "breaking news" MSNBC revealed Tuesday has already been reported.

The series of announcements were soon followed by a dismissive, rather hilarious statement from the White House beating team MSNBC to the punch:

"You know you are desperate for ratings when you are willing to violate the law to push a story about two pages of tax returns from over a decade ago," the statement read. After making sure everyone knows that Trump was "one of the most successful businessmen in the world," the White House revealed that he paid $38 million in taxes "even after taking into account large scale depreciation for construction, on an income of more than $150 million, as well as paying tens of millions of dollars in other taxes, such as sales and excise taxes and employment taxes," adding "and this illegally published tax return proves just that."

Full statement below:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/14436/msnbc-reveals-trumps-2005-tax-returns-james-barrett

Comments

• Turn out Mr.Trump paid millions in taxes for 18 years. Might I also add that MSNBC released this information illegally . And it turn out to be a big mistake.
  • That's no news man. Top 1% of US wealthy pays more than the rest. Look it up in any politics text and basic accounting for taxation. He has quite a lot and mostly in liquidated assets in property and hotels. He also lost millions in investments from his prospect investors in the Atlantic City bankruptcy.

Trump university speaks volume for his "banking/financial" capabilities. He's a shark businessman. Kinda needed in politics now with the billions in debt...or is it trillions now. I lost count last year.
  • His address to congress weeks ago was compelling and very polarized promise compared to Obama. I do agree with most. Take social walfare off and focus on our local economy. Americans have become entitled citizens not willing to take low paying jobs over taking unemployment. He can't fix everything but taking Obamacare out is good enough for me. I pay health insurance and haven't seen less "competitive pricing" since it was introduced. Such a scam!
  • It turn out Trump is the source of the leaked income taxes file. Anyways it also showed that the POTUS paid more taxes in 2005 then the top 5 richest democrats recently. Trump paid 25% in federal taxes compared with the man of the people and millionaire Barack Hussein Obama. The Top 5 wealthiest democrats are Sanders, Obama, Biden and the other 2 wanted to be president. He paid more then these.