New RMI President announces her cabinet picks

Monday, February 1 – Speaker Kenneth Kedi appointed 10 Members of the Cabinet upon the receipt of nomination from President Hilda C. Heine.

Following the appointments, the Ministers quickly took oath before Judge Milton Zackios at the International Convention Center (ICC). During the soft swearing in ceremony, President Hilda C. Heine announced the allocated portfolios to the ten Ministers.

Below are the Ministers appointed with their respective allocated portfolios:

1. Honorable Mattlan Zackhras Minister in Assistance

2. Honorable John M. Silk Minister of Foreign Affairs

3. Honorable Brenson S. Wase Minister of Finance

4. Honorable Wilbur Heine Minister of Education

5. Honorable Kalani Kaneko Minister of Health

6. Honorable Thomas Heine Minister of Justice

7. Honorable Amenta Matthew Minister of Internal Affairs

8. Honorable Tony Muller Minister of Public Works

9. Honorable Alfred Alfred Jr. Minister of Resources & Development

10. Honorable Mike Halferty Minister of Transportation & Communication

http://rmiparliament.org/cms/component/content/article/14-pressrelease/43-speaker-kedi-appointed-ten-ministers.html?Itemid=101

Comments

• Thank you again, FM for sharing the news on new ministers. The President is on the move - good for her.
    I see a couple of old timers are not there, and there's quite a bit of shuffling.
    All the best to RMI.
  • As predicted, the new government is expeditiously moving along--not missing a beat. That's what happens when you have a decent majority under the parliamentary system. President Heine is not wasting any time in putting her cabinet together. Good luck as RMI, like FSM and Palau, begins to work on the nuts and bolts in their governance in preparation toward 2023. Just expressing some admiration to the new RMI government on this nice and hot Monday afternoon.
  • Now the real work begins.....CONGRATZ TO ALL.
  • Shall we do the cha-cha steps for the Marshall Islands!

Congratulations, RMI!

• Wow, wow!!

FSM takes years to do placements and RMI takes only hours. LOL

"Don't sing me a Symphony, a simple song will do!" hehe
    Ray Castello
  • Easy come, easy go. The last RMI president and cabinet lasted less than two weeks.
  • edited February 2016
    I wonder how long this administration will last. Will there be another vonc after 90 days ?
  • NOPE!! THIS TIME IS FOR REAL!!!

This lady is well prepared, she has been studying her folks more than enough time to know who has the smarts and leadership skills...

MARSHALL ISLANDS HAS ALL THE TOOLS AND SUPPORT THEY NEED.... BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, THEY HAVE ALREADY PINPOINTED THE "STRONG MAN" AND HAVE MADE PEACE WITH IT...CONGRATS, RMI...
  • Marshall Islands is locked in~~> by that I mean, they can not allow any cultural mischiefs to hinder their progress. They MUST run with it and respect each other the samw way islanders know how to respect each other and yet, do their jobs to the best of their abilities...

LISTEN, SHOULD RMI EVER TRY TO VOTE OUT THIS WOMAN, IT WOULD STAY ON THEIR RECORD WORLD WIDE! She got the credentials and it is a matter of courage and some... "RESPECT" is a two way street.

Because I have been following them for a while, I can tell you with confidence that she GOT support within and out side of Marshall Islands. What she needs to do personally is FIND HER BALANCE... HEALTH, SPIRITUAL, & ETC... her immediate circle must adjust with love ... Congrats, MRI!!
  • Wow split personality is on the loose.
  • As in splitting your head or slashing your points? A haha. ..you need help from RMI legal team? I have the digit and personal contact... you dunno what I am doing... so be LIKE A BANANA AND SPLIT!!!
  • Ok give us the numbers of your contact of the members of the legal team you claim to have contact with. Last year you said you were in Africa then you said you were in Hawaii. Make up your mind already.
  • "Make like a banana and split" classic, so amusing
  • this government started out rough, will go through rough and end with rough, just my thoughts on it.