THE REAL FINAL RESULTS...CONGRADULATIONS!!!

ANEFAL AND TAREG: 3,149
RUECHO AND ITEMAI: 1,710

AL GANANG: 476
JOHN MOOTEB: 1,044
CLEMENT MULALAP: 1,534
STAN KENSOF 1,040
TIMOTHY TOMED: 292
TED RUTUN: 1,603
TONY GANNGIYAN: 933
JOSEPH GILIKO: 1,081
GEAORGE GARANGMOW: 949
HENRY FALAN: 1,636
CHARLES CHIENG: 1,103

LAZARUS ULITH: 132
J. RAGELEMAR: 462
LAZARUS TAWUL: 64

JOHN MASIWEMAI: 321
DOMINIC TAFFLECHENG 276

RAY IGECHEP: 428

PATRICK PEKALIBE: 315
SABINO SOUCHMAL: 353

Comments

• Thank You for the unofficial up-date.
    I hope someone will also up date us on the amendments to the Yap State constitution. Which ones pass and those that did not pass.
  • With that in order, my congratulations to two of our colleagues from the good Department of Foreign Affairs: Secretary Sebastian Anefal and former Assistant Secretary Jesse Raglmar.
  • Congratulations to all those that make it. hope you the best in leading the people of Yap State. let the canoe start sailing under its new crew and captains and co captains. may the trip be a prosperous one, and to the rest you will have your chance this may not be it but hold on in there someday you will be next. Let us all work together to help our fellow navigators plot the course for this journey, to keep our canoe above water.
  • I am afraid the new ship from China to Yap will end up ditching the Marianas Trench. The Captain and the Chiefmate might not know how to read the Chinese Characters.

Be on the look out
  • NOT TO MENTION The cheap "Made in China" label right next to the wheel! You buy now.....break in one week. Thats what we get for our bucks. What does that say? "Please sir may have some more....?" When did they say it was coming? oh yes, next year. i don't suppose the same crew of the microspirit will take this one...What for the FMI college there in tomil? I say leave Spirit on stand by in the OI for emergency runs and leave this ship to bring supplies and stuff. She may be old, but she is a part of us and the only ship in our meager fleet that can cut the waters at 5 knots. Sirrow ma kammagar gad!
  • There are a bunch of stealers from the state of Yap that Anefal and Tareg should not appoint them as their cabinet or a part of their administration. It can be effected their election on the next 4 years.

Vincent Figir (Neg) Benedick Rikin (Director PW&T)
    Raymond Fagaltamow (Neg) Francis Itimai (Director P/B)
    Francis Faney (YSPSC) Fredrick Figir (Airport Manager)
    Felix En (Former Waab Supervisor) Sulog Tamdad (Agriculture)
    John Soglith (YSPSC) Ignathio (Budget)
    Phillip (Planning) Lawrence Baroy (YVB)
    Andy (Marine Resource)

Please consider the above, some are not functioning well in their divisions and department and the the rest were stealers.
  • WHAT ARE THE BASIS OF YOU CALLING THESE PEOPLE STEALERS...IF YOU CAN COME UP WITH SOLID EVIDENCE, THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO. FRANCIS MIGHT BE OUT OF THE PICTURE...I WOULD'NT KNOW ABOUT ANDY AND VINCENT FIGIR EITHER. BUT IF YOU JUST DIDN'T LIKE THESE PEOPLE, THEN YOU HAVE SERIOUS ISSUES.
  • Postmaster,

Those so-called "stealers" must be lucky to be Yapese since the law is too lenient in Yap especially to prominent figures and high class individuals.
  • To: POST MASTER

Who do you think you are talking about the "stealers" from Yap. I know that your from Yap and you don't even care your own people especially you already took your share from these people. If you said "stealer" that means you are the TOP stealer postmaster. That's how the postmaster do at the post office, nice talking to you.
  • Municipal Police,

Instead of attacking Mr. Postmaster, you can assist him by arresting those stealers.

Mele Kalikimaka!
  • I think it is common to everyone to say thier words in the dark because when they try to say it face to face to any of these people, I don't think you can handle it or anybody from your side. Think twice before you address your message to everyone..!!
  • hcb, it seems the Municipal Police intends to arrest the plaintiff rather than the alleged perpetrators.
  • Sawgagai,

I think I have to run before I get arrested. Cheers.
  • That kind of allegation must be proven with hard evidences before they are published in a public forum. Opinions can be expressed freely but un-proven allegations? Please guard your pre-judgment as it has a way of snowballing and ruining lives of others. Remember, just because it has four legs doesn't automatically mean it is a dog...it could be a cat, an elephant, or others....thank you...
  • In contributing health to the havoc, may I ask the Yapese and their legal experts whether Sebastian Anefal and John Mooteb can legally assume leadership of the yapese people. Please consider the following sections under Yap State's most supreme law of the land:

YAP STATE CONSTITUTION ARTICLE V
    Section 6. No person shall be eligible to serve as a member of the Legislature unless he is at least twenty-five years of age, has been a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia for at least ten years, and a resident of the State for at least five years and of the election district from which elected for at least one year immediately preceding filing for office, and is a qualified voter of the election district from which he seeks to be elected.

YAP STATE CONSTITUTION ARTICLE V
    Section 1. .... No person shall be eligible for the Office of the Governor unless he is at least thirty years of age, is a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia by birth, and a resident of the State for at least fifteen years and five years immediately preceding filing for office, is a qualified voter of the State, and never has been convicted of a felony unless he has received a pardon restoring his civil rights.

What is Yap State's definition for "Resident of the State" or "Resident of the Election District" ?
  • OK then here's your guilty parties,

Hon. Lt Gov. Joe Habuchmai,
    Sen. Charles Chieng,

oh look, they've been in office for 3 years now...hmmmm......why bring it up then? why now?
  • Popo, I expected a better argument or clarification from legal experts of Yap. I do not promote any baseless conclusions.

The questions, which I raised, are not intended to oppose or undermine any government, party, or employee therein. It has always been my intention to ask such critical questions to enrich discussions and broaden our understanding of our governments, people and the world we live in. I apologize if my question is untimely or too displeasing for the Yapese public to consider. If my questions are, in any way, immoral or inappropriate, I will withdraw my questions. However, I cannot withdraw the Yap State Constitution.
  • Elvis,

Let me crack your Constitution with my non-legal mind as it seems people are too scared to try and discuss the sections therein.

FIRST:

AP STATE CONSTITUTION ARTICLE V
    Section 6. No person shall be eligible to serve as a member of the Legislature unless he is at least twenty-five years of age, has been a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia for at least ten years, and a resident of the State for at least five years and of the election district from which elected for at least one year immediately preceding filing for office, and is a qualified voter of the election district from which he seeks to be elected.

In order to be a Legislator of Yap you must satisfy the following requirements:
    (1) 25 years of age
    (2) If you are a naturalized citizen of the FSM then it must be at least 10 years since naturalization. If it is by birth then it does not matter as you are automatically a citizen of the FSM anyway.
    (3)As a citizen you must live in Yap for five years and
    (4) You must live in your respective election district for at least 1 year before the submission of your candidacy.

AP STATE CONSTITUTION ARTICLE V
    Section 1. .... No person shall be eligible for the Office of the Governor unless he is at least thirty years of age, is a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia by birth, and a resident of the State for at least fifteen years and five years immediately preceding filing for office, is a qualified voter of the State, and never has been convicted of a felony unless he has received a pardon restoring his civil rights.

In order to be eligible for governor of Yap you must:

(1)be at least 30 years of age
    (2)An indegenous person of Yap
    (3)register as resident of Yap for the last 15 years and
    (4) "actively living" in Yap 5 years prior to filing of candidacy.
    (5)never committed a crime of felony (normally 1 yr or more than $1000.00 ) punsihment.

Now
    - first part applies to people who are both indegenous and non-indegenous people of Yap or the FSM.
    - second part applies to the indegenous people of Yap and or the FSM only.

In other words the former is inclusive and the latter is exclusive.

At least the Rebel tries.
  • Correction- no.2 under second part includes FSM inndegenous not just Yap. My bad!
  • Thanks for trying Rebel. Your analysis is based on your assumptions. Unfortunately, personal assumptions, unless based on common sense, are not solid support in elaborating a direct clause within a constitution.
  • Elvis,

Unfortunately, Constitutional interpretation is not based on common sense because it is like statutory interpretation. Common sense is what you use in everyday living. But at any rate I tried. Perhaps you can share with us what your interpretaions of the Yap Constitutional clauses posted above.
  • Thanks Rebel, I only mentioned common sense because any sense that is common to a body of people has more significance in legal arguments, as compared with your previous presumptions. You are right however that we both lack a statutory interpretation. Let's hope other experts can help us with our inqueries.