ISOKELEKEL WAS A MARSHALLESE

Comments

• You may be right in some regards, but compare Pohnpei to Majel now and you'll accept that we are foreigners comfortable in our own Pei Sarawi. We are the Pwilidaks...lol. By the way, when the sea level rises higher a few years from now, do come and I'll part you my land in the mountains...
  • Xectms
    So is true that mokil fell to the marshallese irohj?
  • Mokilowa fell so did the pohnpeian territory of kapingamarangi, Pinglep was in the process so was kosrae but the Europeans considered the marshallese conquerors to be invaders and forced them out of pinglep,kosrae,kapingamrangi cause they brought with them the style war never seen in kapilong, like the marshallese style of kiling every men young and old and leave only the female is noted when marshallese conquered kapingamarangi and mokilowa. They Europeans thought the marshallese were practicing a kind of warfare known now days as genocide. That is why they forced them out of kapaingamarangi and mokil and kosrae.
  • edited May 2013
    That is my point stonez,the Europeans were the ones that stop the marshallese invasion of the kapilong islands. If the bastards kept to Europe kosrae,mokil,pohnpei,kapingamarangi and pinglep would be under marshallese rule,who knows chuuk would have been the next target.
  • You little bastards couldn't and still can't invade jack sh..
  • edited May 2013

• Marshallese then were pushed out of every place until they finally came to the remote corners of civilization. They were persecuted because of their inability to protect themselves. As years passed, their numbers grew and they started envying their neighbors for their land and food. Small parties of raiders often came to neighboring islands under the protection of darkness to steal food and take back to their starving population. Because of the small number of people on these islands around Pohnpei, they were easily taken advantage of by the night crawlers. On Pohnpei proper, not one raid was ever made because these little atoll chiefs knew of the consequences of angering the rulers of Pohnpei.
  • edited May 2013

whoami,

That is my point stonez,the Europeans were the ones that stop the marshallese invasion of the kapilong islands. If the bastards kept to Europe kosrae,mokil,pohnpei,kapingamarangi and pinglep would be under marshallese rule,who knows chuuk would have been the next target. 

it was the island high chiefs from Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap and Chuuk who went to  the chief of Ratak to make peace. what would have happened if they choose war instead? RMI will not be existed as of today. but luckily it was a time of peace and our ancestors were too smart and civilized to turn to violence when a dispute can be resolved in peaceful way.

• edited May 2013

whoami,

MACH3W,

it was the island high chiefs from Pohnpei, Kosrae, Yap and Chuuk who went to  the chief of Ratak to make peace. what would have happened if they choose war instead? RMI will not be existed as of today. but luckily it was a time of peace and our ancestors were too smart and civilized to turn to violence when a dispute can be resolved in peaceful way.

I don't know what you're trying to say there... But It's was just ONE iroijlaplap (High King) from Ratak who conquered the kapilongs and much of what is now Pohnpei... Do not forget the other hundreds in Ralik.
    Although I do agree, it was a smart decision (For all of Micronesia) that the high Chiefs compromised peacefully.
  • Pawnstar,

Whether or not it was by way of invasion or otherwise, the fact is that many have bloodlines that point north.  I cannot say that the island did not eventually fall- I was not there.  Do not forget that Mokil is one of the smallest atolls in Micronesia and yet it withstood generations of the Marshallese onslaught.  That alone is worthy of my admiration.  Unfortunately, eventually, simple math will overtake the bravest, most disciplined, and devout amongst us.  There is a point where sheer numbers will overtake any amount of skill.  When you are the smallest group around you are at a disadvantage that most can't overcome once let alone across the generations.  

We are not ignorant of who the Irohj's are.  I met the late Irohjlapalap briefly when he traveled to visit my grandfather on one of his last trips to Pohnpei.  It seems they know who we are as well.  Mutual understanding is a good thing.  All in all, I think, in today's world, we have become more brothers than adversaries.  
  • You little bastards couldn't and still can't invade jack sh..
    MoKilese or mokilowans are the descendants of marshallese men and mokilese sex slaves.So are the people of kapingamarangi and half of pinglep and kosrae.

•  

You know it.
  • edited May 2013
    Marshallese then were pushed out of every place until they finally came to the remote corners of civilization. They were persecuted because of their inability to protect themselves. As years passed, their numbers grew and they started envying their neighbors for their land and food. Small parties of raiders often came to neighboring islands under the protection of darkness to steal food and take back to their starving population. Because of the small number of people on these islands around Pohnpei, they were easily taken advantage of by the night crawlers. On Pohnpei proper, not one raid was ever made because these little atoll chiefs knew of the consequences of angering the rulers of Pohnpei.
    Every time a canoe from marshall would arive on the shores of mokil,pinglep,Nokuro and pohnpei the men of this islands would run and hide in the mountains and leave only their women as offerings for the Vikings of marshall. The marshallese men would impregnate this womens knowing that the men from kapilong would take care of their children. Half of kapilong are the decsentants of bastard children of marshallese men and kapilong women. Why? Cause men from kapilong didnt want to fight the men from the EAST. They stayed on the those islands cause the mountains gave them good places to hide.
  • what a load of shit. It is those cowards from the marshalls who offered their woman to the warriors of Pohnpei.
  • Warriors of pohnpei??? Never herd of this so called warriors of pohnpei but I have herd of the warriors of Pompeii and Pompeii is in Europe. Never once did the mountain dwellers of pohnpei sailed east cause as they claim they were blessed with lands that have mountains(to hide)but in reality they knew that the atoll dweller's of Lolelaplap were men not to be reckoned with. That is why countless marshallese raiders went to their so called blessed islands(to pillage,rape and conquered)their islands.
  • edited May 2013
    Ask the Wolaiens and yapese what the marshallese did to them when they tried sailing on waters patrolled by marshallese. In 1835 the Yapese met their demised at Arno lagoon in the Ratak chain by the hands of iroj Boklong. In 1870 the Wolaiens were all massacred in the Ralik chain by iroj Loeak. Both the Yapese and Wolaiens share 1 thing in common and that is they never made it out of marshallese waters. Both people are immortalized in marshallese songs for their defeat(make that a massacre)by marshallese men.
  • The yapese were killed cause they failed to gave offering to the chief of Arno and ask for his permission to sail on his domain and the chief of Arno took that as a insult and that is why the yapese were attacked and killed on Arno lagoon. The wolaiens on the other hand is a different story they were shown hospitality but they took advantage of that hospitality and decided to f××k with the marshallese and they got f××ked. The yapese were clueless and sad cause they didn't know our customs the wolaiens on the other hand deserve what they got.
  • Whoami,

Big talk is a feminine trait- no offense to the women in here.  Do me a favor, if you're ever in Savannah, GA, look me up.  We'll talk about the results of repeatedly using of the phrase "sex-slave".  It will be enlightening, I promise.

The loudest are normally the ones who crumble the quickest.  You sound like the typical little dog with the big  bark.  Quick to bark and quicker to tuck his tail between his legs.  
  • Whoami/Stonez,

I wonder... do you think you guys are doing the Marshallese name a favor in here?  You probably do, right?  How unfortunate.
  • Pohnpeian warriors is correct whoami. Ever wonder why your so called vikings avoided Pohnpei and settled for the smaller outer islands? Its because of those mighty warriors of Pohnpei.
  • Xectms,
    No offense but it's the truth! Take it how you want,hate it or love its still the truth.

Jwrs,
    Philduks,uhdaks who gives a Fu*k! Putting the word"warriors" before or after the word "Pohnpei"is a joke! Only thing that so called "sacred alter" is known for is how outsiders came and defeated its so called warriors. Even now the chuukese are taking over.
  • edited May 2013
    Whoami,

You have a foul tone and, yes, it is offensive.  Your choice of words stinks of a condescension and aloofness that I'm sure you have not earned.  The accomplishments of your forefathers does not give you license to speak in such a disrespectful manner.  They may have been great warriors but I strongly doubt you have invaded any neighboring islands lately.  I'm guessing you are more likely not able to fight your way out of a paper bag.  

What you don't recognize is that what you are insulting, whether you know it or not, is not an individual or a gathering of boys on the street corner- you are insulting a culture who, more than anyone else, is considered kin to yours.  The Mokilese of today, when asked, would probably happily acknowledge their mixed heritage- it is a reality and nothing to be ashamed of.  I highly doubt, however, you will find any among us willing to accept anyone labeling the woman of our collective lineage as "sex-slaves" without exacting a price.  

It's convenient to post strong wording in here where you are sheltered, disguised, and distant from any threat, isn't it?  ... Little dog... keep barking.
  • Whoami,

The offer still stands.  When/If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, send me a message and I'll provide contact information.  We can coordinate from there.  It will be fun... 
  • Schofield Barracks in waiawah is where you can find me bro.

2B/27IN/R "WOLFHOUNDS"
    3BCT/25IN/D

When you come on vacation in Hawaii hit me up I take you pig hunting in wainae.
  • Pig hunting?  Don't you guys have a .22 caliber limit there?  Pig hunting in our region is much more fun... .30-06.
  • Not to go on a tangent here, but I would prefer to go pig-hunting over shit-talking any day.  You guys have any luck out there with the oinkers?  We're damn near overrun with them in GA.  Ft. Stewart is hog season year-round.  
  • ok whoami, the word warriors is not a good description.. lets just say that your four fathers avoided the KILLERS from Pohnpei and settled for the smaller outer islands.
  • To the contrary jwrs, his forefathers did not avoid Pohnpei. As a matter of fact, there is scientific data that they were chased out. My only conclusion is that because they were too small to challenge the bigger and stronger Pohnpeians. We are of the same race, but they are of the pygmy gene.
  • ah...well that makes alot of sense.