What does your goverment seal and anthem means.

edited March 2013 in General

RMI Flag

Significance: The deep blue background represents the
Pacific Ocean. The white and orange bands represent the Ratak (Sunrise) and
Ralik (Sunset) chains, respectively. The customary symbolism of orange as
the color of bravery and white as the color of peace are also recognized.
The star represents the cross of Christianity, with each of the 24 points
signifying a municipal district of the RMI. The four main points represent
the major centers of Majuro, Ebeye, Jaluit and Wotje.

Other Flags of the Marshall Islands:

A German organization, the Jaluit Company, ruled the
Marshalls in the late 1800's, This flag, based on the German national flag
of the time, was used until 1906.

The Bikini atoll adopted this flag in 1987. It represents
the United States government's resposibility to the victims of nuclear
testing in the Marshall Islands.

RMI Seal

Description: The outstanding feature of the Seal is the
stylized Angel of Peace centered with outstretched wings.

Around the Angel, from the top and moving clockwise:

24 point star representing the 21 municipalities of the
Republic. The four longer rays represent the 4 sub-centers of Majuro (the
capital), Jaluit, Wotje, and Kwajalein Atolls.

On either side of the star are the rays which are on the
flag. Each ray is of two colors, one, orange representing bravery, and the
other, white representing peace. The two-colored rays also represent the two
chains of atolls, the Ratak (Sunrise) and the Ralik (Sunset).

Next is a stylized fishing net, fish being the main
staple of the diet of the Marshallese people.

Next, a stylized sailing canoe, outrigger type, sails on
the ocean (covering the bottom 1/3 of the seal).

Under the stick chart is the word "SEAL."

An island with stylized palm trees (coconut) is next. All
of the Marshall Islands are low lying atolls.

Above the right wing of the Angel is a "pounder", made
out of a giant clam shell, and treasured by every family that owns one. This
pounder is used to pound pandanus leaves, which are used for making mats,
sails, and, traditionally, clothing.

Around the outer edges are the words "Republic of the
Marshall Islands" and at the bottom, "Jepilpilin ke ejukaan."

The rim of the seal is a link chain representing that the
islands are all linked together, half of the chain representing the Ralik
group and the other half the Ratak.

RMI National Anthem

"Forever Marshall Islands" (music and lyrics by President Amata Kabua)

Marshallese

Ae-lon eo ao ion lo---me-to; Einwot wut ko loti
ion dren e-lae; Kin me-ram in Me-kar jen ijo---i-lan; Erreo an romak ioir
kin me---ram---in mour; Iltan pein A---nij ewel-eo---sim woj; Kejolit kij
kin ijin ji-kir e-mol; Ijja-min I-lok jen in ao-le-mo ran; Anij an ro je-mem
wo-nak-ke im kej ram-mon Ae-lin kein am.

English

My island lies o'er the o-cean;
Like a wreath of flowers upon the sea; With a light of Mekar from far a-bove; Shining with
the brilliance of rays of life;. Our Fa-ther's wondrous cre-a-tion;
Bequeathed to us, our Motherland; I'll never leave my dear home sweet home;
God of our forefathers protect and bless forever Marshall Islands.

Comments

• Im know im suppose to know this but im gonna be honest cause i don't know what does it means,that word underneath the seal"JABELBEL IN KEJU KAN" what does it means?
  • @Stonez-Jebelbel in kejukaan means together we accomplish anything or Strength thru Unity.
  • So the german flag is the first flag the Marshall islands had? How man flag do we really have? I see the blue/white/orange and the star but why do we have the American flag? Thats confusing.
  • The German flag was indeed the first flag of the Marshall islands,but when germany lost WW1 its territories in Micronesia was given to japan and the japanese took the flag down.Every Islands in the Marshall islands has their own flag but the National flag that unite all those flags is the Blue white orange and the star.The reason why the Enewetak atolls choose the american flag as the flag of those atoll is to remind the US of its responsibility cause of the Nuclear testing that were conducted in that part of the Marshalls.
  • So you guys have four Capitals in the Marshall islands,Dont get me wrong but that is weird.Why not have just one capital.
  • RMI has four Major centers,in the Norther Region of Marshalls is Ebeye,In the Middle Region is Majuro,in the Eastern Region is Wotje,In the Western Region is Jaluit(jalooj),Now days the Main hub is Majuro but back in the German and Japanese times was Jalooj,back when the paramount Chiefs were charge was Wotje,Ebeye because thats where the Main US base is at.This is the Meaning of the Four points of the Star in the Flag,the little points represents the small atolls around those points.
  • But i heard that there is a another group of people in the Marshall islands that call them self the kingdom of Enenkio and have their own flag and want to break away from RMI.
  • The group that calls it self THE KINGDOM OF ENENKIO are a punch of idiots who wants RMI to go back to the days when the Chiefs and Paramount Chiefs were considered sacred and have total control of everything in the Islands.

• The Kingdom of EnenKio, or "EnenKio" for short, is a small separatist
    group of Marshall Islander heritage who lay claim to the United States'
    unincorporated territory of Wake Island. EnenKio seeks recognition as
    a sovereign Micronesian state in the Northern Marshall Islands. The

The Kingdom of EnenKio was first conceived in 1987. It began to emerge
    in 1993 and was formally established in 1994. Murjel Hermios became
    its first Monarch and, following his death in December 1998, his
    brother Remios Hermios became second Monarch. The government of

To date, EnenKio is not recognized in any international forum as a
    sovereign state; nor does any internationally recognized state
    recognize it. On 23 April 1998 the Marshall Islands government issued
    Circular Note 01-98, which vigorously denied EnenKio's Wake Island
    claims.

EnenKio is a sovereign state

The government of the Kingdom of EnenKio was established in 1994 under
    authority and by direction of Head of State and the hereditary
    Iroijlaplap (Paramount Chief)
  • edited March 2013

this is the flag of the kingdom of enenkio.I support them without any doubts,the Island that is called by the Westerners as Wake islands belongs to the Chiefs of the Norther Marshall islands and is rightfully ours but the US is occupying it without our permission and without asking us.
  • edited March 2013
    ive tried posting its flag but i cannot cause the Flag of the Kingdom of enenkio is banned by the RMI goverment and the US Goverment.Both Goverments consider The Kingdom of Enenkio as a dissidents group and have banned it.

• this is the flag of the kingdom of enenkio.I support them without any doubts,the Island that is called by the Westerners as Wake islands belongs to the Chiefs of the Norther Marshall islands and is rightfully ours but the US is occupying it without our permission and without asking us.
    Hey looser just to let you know you support a group of lunatics who want us to live in olden times where the chiefs have power over everything.
  • So this so called kingdom of Enenkio is in fact a separatist organization that want to form its own goverment that is based in Wake islands???
  • They want to form their kingdom alright,but they want a system of goverment that makes the Paramount chief the highest power in the land.
  • Screw that man.......They should ask the Nwamwarkis of Pohnpei to join them so they can form their own Utopia of idiocy.
  • edited March 2013
    Stonez/Whoami

The islands in the Northern Marshalls rightfully belongs to Chief Hermios,He is the Paramount chief of those islands.The Chiefs to me stand for customs and traditions and they are our rightful leaders chosen by god to lead us.The Namwarkis of Pohnpei are the true leaders of Pohnpei but the people of pohnpei have forgotten that.
  • Reaper is right,they they Paramount Chiefs of those islands are the rightful owners and leaders of those islands but we the people have been so westernized that we forgot that.Either the Nwamwarkis in Pohnpei or the Hermios in Marshall islands.
  • Hey Pawnstar keep to your Namwarkis and your own customs and dont stick your nose where it don't belong.If we were talking about the Namwarkis and pohnpei i would keep my mouth shut cuz i dont know them and pohnpei aint none of my bizz.The Nanwarkis are the shadow of what they use to be,they were great yes but now they are just voices in Pohnpei that people dont listen to.But down here in Marshalls the Chiefs have too Much powers and they want more.I respect them yes,but to keep them more power is out of the question.as for this kingdom of Enenkio bullshit its a story never will it happen.
  • Hey Pawnstar keep to your Namwarkis and your own customs and dont stick your nose where it don't belong.If we were talking about the Namwarkis and pohnpei i would keep my mouth shut cuz i dont know them and pohnpei aint none of my bizz.The Nanwarkis are the shadow of what they use to be,they were great yes but now they are just voices in Pohnpei that people dont listen to.But down here in Marshalls the Chiefs have too Much powers and they want more.I respect them yes,but to keep them more power is out of the question.as for this kingdom of Enenkio bullshit its a story never will it happen.
    Man you are talking out of your arse dude.You are a Marshallese and your loyalty is to the chiefs not to Uncle sam bro.You are Too Westernized and that is your own fault.For your info the kingdom of Enenkio has petition the United Nation for its recognition,But the RMI goverment and The US goverment have blocked their appeals.
  • So let me get this straight and out of the way,you support a movement that wants to put those lazy bastards in charge? Dont they the chiefs now days have enough power,those chiefs have their Hose of Chiefs in the RMI goverment now they want more? This is insane,and your movement is insane.
  • Whoami You can talk smack about me and why i support the Kingdom movement but dont talk shit about my chief punk.have you ever wounder why Pohnpei is in the shit can now days,is because they have forgotten who they are and they dont respect their traditional leaders.The Pohnpeians have lost their ways but im not gonna sit back and see RMI go the same way they are.The chiefs are our link to our past and our heritage and traditions and customs loose them and RMI will end up like Chuuk where inter island warfare is a thing or like Pohnpei where Prostitution is accepted or like Kosrae who don't have their identity no more.I cannot sit back and let the chiefs who are our traditional leaders be treated like those from the FSM bro.
  • Reaper you don't get it do ya,those chiefs of yours are the reason why the RMI is so fucked up right now man.Can't you see it,they just want money that is the only thing the enenkio kingdom is about dawg.I cannot condone and accept this bullshit man.
  • stonez is not all about money is about dignity and respect.
  • Well its my dignity and their respect.I respect the chiefs but this is the new era,we live in different times and those chiefs had their time now its just another ball game.My family support those chiefs but not I,hell no.Those days of bowing down to them is over.
  • edited March 2013
    Your a embarrassment to The Marshallese people and to the Clan of Mokauleej.The Kabuas and Loeaks wouldn't have won the control of the entire Western marshalls if it wasn't for the support of the People of the Mokauleej clan,if i remember it correctly you are from that clan.
  • I am from the Mokauleej clan,My clan has been fighting for them and dying for them for a long time and but that was then this is now.Mokauleej or no Mokauleej dont mean that i have to bow down to them.
  • old vs. new. past vs. future. interesting.
  • edited March 2013

• edited March 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAA......FREE FIGHT!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA